Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is like every day there is another newbie posting something to the tune of,

"Just got my new bike...it is a GSX-R750...I know it's not a good starter bike...I'll be careful...I'm responsible enough for this bike...my friend's been riding a year, he is teaching me...bleh bleh bleh blah bl-blah blah blah"

The fact of the matter is,

>no it is not a good starter bike.
>no matter how careful you are, this bike will get you in trouble
>no matter how 'responsible' you think you are, it will get you in trouble
>even if your friend(s) have been riding for three or four years, they are still at no skill level to be teaching
>be careful...we don't need any more 'rider down' threads...

-J

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Cant agree with you more. I posted a write up about this a month or so back, funny thing is, it got knocked back in pages by those same posts!

I'm so sick of it now, I rarely reply to those threads, The
s dont listen anyway.

Idiots.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
+1

·
Registered
391 Posts
I know you open this section up and this is all you see. Not only the same posts but the same replies also. People are gonna do what they want no matter what we say but at the same time if 100 people hear good advice and only 3 actually follow it than it's worth it. And the people who post in here saying they got a 600, 750, etc from the way they sound it gives me the impression that they never ever ridden a motorcycle in their life and to be getting those bikes to learn on is a little scary. Now a days I'm careful who I ride with for that reason I don't just ride with anybody like I used to.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
i'll do my best to help those who really want it, but i gotta admit, it gets boring listening to people looking to be accepted.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I just give out a welcome and save my breath for something more worth while........ like boobies!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yeah, AND IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY THEIRS SOMEONE COMPLAINING ABOUT "NOOB'S" POSTING!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If anyone would just read the stickies, there would be no reason to make such stupid, repetitive posts. I am willing to offer my advise to a noob once. When they continue to say retarded shit, I get fed up REALLY easy.

Why would anyone post on a forum without reading some of the info and seeing what its all about first? I remember when "the starting line" forum had only a few new posts a day. Maybe 1 or 2, sometimes no new posts a day. Now its at least 5 new members saying hi every day, and 4 of them are just posts proclaiming how big of an idiot they are. And 1 per month might take advise.

http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1592623&an=0&page=0#1592623

·
Registered
126 Posts
That is why I said a while back we should start a betting pool to see how many we get per week. It would be more fun than Blackjack!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is like every day there is another newbie posting something to the tune of,

"Just got my new bike...it is a GSX-R750...I know it's not a good starter bike...I'll be careful...I'm responsible enough for this bike...my friend's been riding a year, he is teaching me...bleh bleh bleh blah bl-blah blah blah"

The fact of the matter is,

>no it is not a good starter bike.
>no matter how careful you are, this bike will get you in trouble
>no matter how 'responsible' you think you are, it will get you in trouble
>even if your friend(s) have been riding for three or four years, they are still at no skill level to be teaching
>be careful...we don't need any more 'rider down' threads...

-J
That goes for any bike above 250cc, you should just suggest for every one to start on a moped lol.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
For those of you that don't like all the new people posting..ect...Is someone FORCING you to come in here, and click on those threads...??? Prolly not...live and let live...

·
Registered
663 Posts
seriously some of you take this noob thing to a whole new extreme. I know you guys are experienced and all but you aren't motorcycle GODS. People are going to continue getting 600's as first bikes thats the bottom line. either try and help or just don't say anything at all. You act like this is the NFL or something and you guys are Jerry Rice always talking about noobies. Does it make you feel better to rag on people who don't have as much experience as you. I thought we were supposed to all be on one team here

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
seriously some of you take this noob thing to a whole new extreme. I know you guys are experienced and all but you aren't motorcycle GODS. People are going to continue getting 600's as first bikes thats the bottom line. either try and help or just don't say anything at all. You act like this is the NFL or something and you guys are Jerry Rice always talking about noobies. Does it make you feel better to rag on people who don't have as much experience as you. I thought we were supposed to all be on one team here
Welp, all but 2 of the complainers are NOOBS to me, so....don't worry bout it..

There's plenty of other forums for those guys to click on...This site is here for us to Share info..and experiences..all this complaining, arguing ect..lately is getting old...Relax, take a DEEP breath....and have some fun...bashing the new folks only creates bad vibes for all...I'm sure if this were YOUR site, and you wanted new people to join, and become donating members you wouldn't be bashing them so quickly...

I've been on this iste for a few years now, and I can't honestly recall so much negative stuff goin on here...So please, lighten up, and give the new people a chance to work their way into the main stream of the site..After all we were ALL new at one time..

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
it seems like hammer is on this forum more since he got his
ly racer bike

welcome back to the game old man

·
Premium Member
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Who said anything about being motorcycle Gods, as you put it? If you have ever ridden a 600cc, or smaller, bike, then ride a 750cc+ bike, you understand the differences and can respectfully offer an educated opinion to someone who want's a sport bike for their first bike. Hell, anyone who has ridden a 600cc bike and has even the slightest shred of respect for it will tell you that that is too much to start with.

And the mere fact that you [any rookies] don't have as much fucking experience as we do should tell you to open your ears, shut your mouth, and listen to what we have to say. We aren't telling you shit like this to be condescending or make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Did your parents tell you "don't play in traffic" because it made their egos swell-- no, they told you that so you wouldn't get run over by a fucking car.

In the end, do I really care what bike you get? No. But maybe I'd like to see some young riders live long enough to learn how to ride in more than a straight line and have some fun. If that is trying to make my ego swell, then I'll just keep right on talking.

-J

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Did your parents tell you "don't play in traffic" because it made their egos swell-- no, they told you that so you wouldn't get run over by a fucking car.
Good comparison

·
Registered
888 Posts
well guys it worked for me when i got my gs500 2months ago, and iam already scraping the peg on the ground. as soon as i do a track day my knee is going down, and thats only after 2 months. and its all cause i got on a gs500 and not a gsx-r 600 or any other 600 or 1000 bike. let the retards talk, but dont quit on giving advice, cause it helped me. And iam sure that it will continue to help more people. If only people would liston, but if you stop giving your advice you are no better then them. At least you can say you tried to help, and they just didnt liston. THANKS ALOT TO ALL THE PROS ON THIS SITE....becasue of you iam faster then guys on 600s haha! (in the twisties)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts