Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info on some of the towns surrounding London. I don't want to do the tourist thing, but I'd like to the UK from a locals point of view.

I was thinking of staying in Marylebone, just a couple miles outside of London, is that a good area?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was thinking of staying in Marylebone, just a couple miles outside of London, is that a good area?
Marylebone is in London dude, you probably getting confused with "The City of London" which is just the financial district.

Check out this map

The very small area in the middle, in red, is "The City", the rest is all of London. I live about 10 miles to the east of the edge of the map

John

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, you're right. I meant downtown London, which I guess you'd call "The City" Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
If you're staying in central London, then you can't go too far wrong, just stay out of Brixton and Hackney if you want to keep your wallet. Can't really tell you much about towns around London, but unless you want to stay in London and see the city, then I'd get right out and stay somewhere else. Kent or Surrey are both quite nice, and next to London, lots of towns and villages there. If not, try Norfolk, about 100 miles away. Nice countryside and beaches... but cold this time of year... I can tell you loads about Norfolk, because I live there, in Norwich. Don't know how helpful I've been, but hit me up if I can help any more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts