Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mossberg 500, and I have shot a 9mm glock and a .40 springfield snub nose.

I really like the .40 so I think I want something at least that beefy, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. prolly $500.00

ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
XDM or glock. Both will run you about 550 600 right now. Both are number one in my book. 2nd would be the m&p, which you should be able to find at or under 500.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Depends on what do you want a full size, sub compact or compact? Right now prices are insane good luck as for now glock SHOULD still be the lowest price with out paying for a piece of shit

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Sirijus Indelxsjul Diskushuns Onley
5,094 Posts
I really like the ergonomics of the M&P lineup. I had a G27 for a while, but decided I didn't really care for the snap of the .40 out of a subcompact, I actually preferred the .357SIG drop in barrel but that round is too damn expensive. Since then, I've picked up a Kahr CW45 that I really like. If your looking for a compact pistol for a good price, I'd definitely check out the Kahr lineup.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My suggestion is to go shoot them before you buy them. Youll get 1000 different answers because of Personal preference. Best thing to do is shoot a few different brands and sizes and go with what ever fits you best.

I went with Glock because of price, the way it fit my hand, and the reliability.

·
Butt Stallion
491 Posts
Purely by personal preferance, I have always found the 1911 to be very reliable with good ergos. If you do not go with colt you may find one for as little as 600$-700$ but that is a bit more than what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
My suggestion is to go shoot them before you buy them. Youll get 1000 different answers because of Personal preference. Best thing to do is shoot a few different brands and sizes and go with what ever fits you best.
+10000

My girlfriend and I both had guns picked out. We found a range that rented guns. After testing a few other brands neither of us bought the gun we originally picked out.

·
17,002 Posts
I have a mossberg 500, and I have shot a 9mm glock and a .40 springfield snub nose.

I really like the .40 so I think I want something at least that beefy, but I don't want to spend a ton of money. prolly $500.00

ideas?

www.gunbroker.com

I've bought handguns, rifles & shotguns from several different sellers, never had a problem. You'll find the best $ there too.:punk

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up an Springfield XD40 full size today from a close buddy for $350

aww yeah.

Attachments

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I liked the m&p best but this price was really good and I really like this gun as well. Can't wait to go shoot it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Looks good. Agree, a solid choice and should serve you well.

Now go get lots-o-ammo while you still can.

·
17,002 Posts
Picked up an Springfield XD40 full size today from a close buddy for $350

aww yeah.

Nice.
I've been a polymer fan-boy since the Glock. (I have "several" Glocks)
I have the XD40 subbie, but the only negative I see with the SA's is the grip safety.

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've shot an identical gun, maybe 50 rounds worth, and i didnt even notice the grip safety. :dunno

If probably be more biased against it if I was already used to a gun without it, but most of my experience is with shotguns and rifles.

·
17,002 Posts
I've shot an identical gun, maybe 50 rounds worth, and i didnt even notice the grip safety. :dunno

If probably be more biased against it if I was already used to a gun without it, but most of my experience is with shotguns and rifles.

It's no problem at the range.
My concern would be in struggling with a bad guy or where my strong hand was incapacitated & having to go weak hand during a firefight.

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Didn't think of that. Nothing a little gorilla tape can't fix.. :lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts