Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered some brakepads from Ron Ayers Motorspots (banner on top of this forum) They had a pretty sweet deal for me, 84$ for a complete set of front and rear brake pads. (thats like 100$ canadian).

But when they got here I got a big fat brokerage charge of 42$ + the 15% GST, it added up to cost me 160$ for something I could have got locally for cheaper.

If they would have identified the package differently the fees may have been avoidable, but they failed to do so... Anyways Just wanted to warn fellow canadians!

Ron Ayers

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has nothing to do with Ron Ayers....You can blame Canada Customs for that one....It always pays to check with customs to get the duties that you will pay..before ordering....

And it is against the law for them to misidentify a package so you can't blame Ron Ayers for that

Sorry to hear that you paid too much...but that's our government for you...more concerned with collecting taxes at the border that keeping the criminals and terrorists out

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might not be ron ayers fault, but they sure didn't get out of their way to tell me about this, thats the reason i'm telling you guys so you know ahead of time

if you guys ever order from the states pick USPS (united states postal service) instead of UPS. I've had much better luck with them.

cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: thinking about buying from Ron Ayers Motorsports??? BEWA

Yeah UPS and our dumbass government is the problem not Ron Ayers. I always had the same problem when I was ordering parts for my Mustang up from the US.

Nearly every company ships to Canada with UPS. I haven't found any that will go by USPS unfortunately. Whenever I ordered I always add 80 bucks to whatever I ordered, that was an average of what the brokerage fees were.

·
Registered
511 Posts

i refuse to do business with any online retailer that won't ship USPS. i'm paying for shipping, they should ship it how i want it. i don't need them to label it as a gift or anything. just use USPS!!!

UPS and FedEx will rape you for brokerage fees every time.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts

You're complaining about $55?

Try paying another $18,000 on top of a car you already paid $40,000 US for.

Canada Customs

·
Registered
309 Posts

i refuse to do business with any online retailer that won't ship USPS. i'm paying for shipping, they should ship it how i want it. i don't need them to label it as a gift or anything. just use USPS!!!

+1

·
Registered
511 Posts

+1
asshat
thats all you got to say??

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

It's too bad really, becauce Ron Ayers prices are great. But they're just not reasonable once Customs gets involved. You can't fault Ron Ayers for that.

UPS is run by Satan. I once had a used taillight integrator sent to me that I bought for $25 US. UPS valued it at $1000 and hit me up for an extra $150.
I wasn't home when they dropped it off but my landlord was and he paid the bill for me, thinking he was doing me a favour. So I got home and there was the bill, already paid, so I paid my landlord off and had to fight with UPS for a few weeks to get my money back.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts

USPS is the only way to go or get a mail box in the US like Mailsboxes etc just across the border then you go pick up dont declare itor just install it right there

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

WELL MORE BAD NEWS!
RON AYERS SCREWED UP AGAIN! AND I GET STUCK WITH THE BILL!!!

when i ordered my brake pads, the rear were on back-order so they didn't ship it together with the first package... well since they evaluated the first package to be worth the full value, including shipping (100$ US) and the second package to be worth the value of just the rear brake pads + shipping 40$ I ended up having to pay 90$ in brokeage fees for brake pads that cost me 84.64$US

HOW RETARDED IS THAT.

Ron Ayers and UPS

NEVER AGAIN

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

oh snap. that sux then. but i can see what happened..

me, i ve had nothing but good business there. i go an hour out of my way passing two local shops to give them my business.

ron ayers

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I just ordered some brakepads from Ron Ayers Motorspots (banner on top of this forum) They had a pretty sweet deal for me, 84$ for a complete set of front and rear brake pads. (thats like 100$ canadian).

But when they got here I got a big fat brokerage charge of 42$ + the 15% GST, it added up to cost me 160$ for something I could have got locally for cheaper.

If they would have identified the package differently the fees may have been avoidable, but they failed to do so... Anyways Just wanted to warn fellow canadians!

Ron Ayers
How about ' Smack21
' for not checking into things, like dropping them a line or e-mail to inquire first and then a follow up with customs. I guess it probably is some one else's fault that you didn't check, isn't it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well knight2211

I didn't think they would include the shipping price and declare the package to contain more value than it really had (which skyroteted the brokerage fees, in other words they declared the value to be front+rear+shipping when it sould have only been declared as front brake pads only). I did call to complain about their methods of declaring packages and told them It was wrong and I would get overcharged..etc (Keep in mind this was when the package was still at the UPS headquarters and I didn't know the rear brake pads were't included with the package). When I called they never told me the packages content was only the front brake pads.

Then when they ship the second package (rear brake pads) I thought since I allready paid all duty's and brokerage fees, I wouldn't have to pay them again... WRONG. They didn't label them as allready paid for, and AGAIN include the shipping price in the declared value of the Item.

now maybe its my fault the first time for not inquiring about brokerage fees, but they still over declared the value of the package by the shipping price and the value of the rear brake pads which weren't included in the package. But the second time arround how can it be my fault? they did the exact same error they did the first time (after I called to complain).

In all I called Ron Ayers 3 times, and UPS like 4 times and wasted time and money on something I could have gotten locally for MUCH cheaper.

If there is anything else I could have done differently MYSELF to make the transaction go smoother PLEASE let me know!

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Smack, did you know how much was being billed to your CC? And did you know what made up the amount that was being billed? If you know how much you are paying for the parts, and you can check on the web what you will be paying for the customs and brokerage, then all I am saying is that you could have avoided paying more than you wanted to. The guys at Ron Ayres aren't out to screw you, and yes, you probably could have got them cheaper here, even if they had listed things correctly. That doesn't make the bad people, just not always the best place to get certain things.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
f.y.i the brokerage fees arent taken from credit card but added as C.O.D charges on the package.
I understand that, what I'm asking is did he declare it at a higher value than you paid?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, thats what im saying BOTH times they declared the shipping + the value of the item as "the value of the item", and the first time they declared the package to have rear brake pads which the package didn't even contain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts