Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ottawa, Canada. I've never raced in the US. There's only one race weekend left in Canada at the end of September. I've hooked up with Diablo Performance Racing (http://www.diablopit.com) once again this year as an Amateur racer and they don't stop racing once the weather turns cold up North. Their first Southern race weekend will be at Biketoberfest and I'm hoping someone can help me out with a few details.

I can get a flight for around $400CDN. I'll need at least one set of tires for $500CDN. I can probably squeeze into someones rental car and blow up an airmattress in someones hotel room. I've never sat at the same table as the team owner and actually paid for a meal. (though I won't count on that!)

What other costs will I been looking at? Single event race license? Entry Fees? What's the deal with medical insurance? (who will cover a racer etc...) Anything else?

What classes can I run with an 2003 GSXR600 (AMA legal)? Will a 110hp GSXR600 be compeditive? Will one and a half sets of tires last the weekend? (D208GPAs). What race organisation runs the races?

Any and all information would be appreciated.

Nicholas

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
race lic after sept 1 25.00 1st class entry fee for daytona 135.00 includes credentials, each class after that 50.00.

any middle weight event or heavyweight

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:

i shall be there ..

the only Offthewaller racing it !!! geeeezzzzzzzzz

sallies
may have to change you to wizard racing!

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:

i shall be there ..

sallies
Are ya gonna take my stuff down sweet pea???

njracer

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
njracer said:

davegsxrold929r said:

i shall be there ..

sallies

njracer
of course i am.......................

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:

njracer said:

davegsxrold929r said:

i shall be there ..

sallies

njracer
of course i am.......................
Well....ya never gave me an answer......

Now I just have to book a flight and get a room.....

BTW - Where are ya staying???

njracer

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
i was making you sweat.... hahahah

i think i am staying at wiz's house ..... we may rent an RV for the drive down and invade wiz's house and drive way., and pool and steal some of his power.......

but shhhhhh he does not know yet.....

do they have any place to camp at the track ??? i know they have that big area outside the track in the back ???? hmm all knowing one !!!!?!?

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
davegsxrold929r said:

i was making you sweat.... hahahah

i think i am staying at wiz's house ..... we may rent an RV for the drive down and invade wiz's house and drive way., and pool and steal some of his power.......

but shhhhhh he does not know yet.....

do they have any place to camp at the track ??? i know they have that big area outside the track in the back ???? hmm all knowing one !!!!?!?
They do have an area for rv's outside of the track but it's only for rv's....no camping unless they changed it. Other than that...it hotel or wiz's house...

BTW - This is how it works at Daytona.......race....Hooters.....shark bar (go go) and then do it again.....and again!!!

njracer

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
nj you are welcome to stay here. its going to be air matresses on the floor. and im in orlando. if there is alot of people ill leave my trailer in the drive it will sleep several people with a/c and all

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
wizard racing said:

nj you are welcome to stay here. its going to be air matresses on the floor. and im in orlando. if there is alot of people ill leave my trailer in the drive it will sleep several people with a/c and all

njracer

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
njracer said:

wizard racing said:

njracer
we are going to have a blast ..., beer and good food., and i guess GOOD people too.... yeaah baby.........

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
that whole area around the track is a cluster fuck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
wizard racing
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing