Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
build base2.jpg

Im looking at changing out the stock tail section for a race tail section. Do any of them come with a lightweight bolt on support? Im thinking carbon fiber but Im still open to see whats available out there. Anyone with some ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, what sub frame is available? Does each manufacturer sell a sub frame to go with their tail section?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
There are plenty of race fairing manufacturers that will sell you a tail section. Most work with existing sub frame. However you will need to paint it and you will no longer have a tail light. Look at Hotbodies, Armour bodies, Motoxpricambi, etc.. A quick google search will reveal more.. I believe anything that retains your tail light will be an exact copy of what you already have.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,161 Posts
A quick Google search provided multiple lightweight race sub-frame sources for your bike.

It's been asked before...do you even attempt to research solutions for yourself, rather than relying on others?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do. Thank you for asking. After I spent a few hours looking at the available options. I still had questions. This is a forum isnt it? My concern isnt the subframes rather what tail sections other riders have used and their thoughts on them. Someone brought up a couple issues. The first is paint. I have been doing it since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I feel like I can get the job done. The other question brought up was lights. There are far to many types of LED's that can be purchased and wired in to make installing a race tail section an issue. So I will ask again, are there any tail sections others have used or are using that they could speak about both on looks and fitment? Thanks for every ones time, Im just trying to learn a bit along the way. G

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
If you want to do something like that you need to source the parts and figure out fitment yourself. Cutting, welding, and fitting, cutting again, lots of trial and error. I have seen lots of hayabisa guys putting gsxr tail sections and people change the r1 undertail exhaust to the new version tail. Look up those videos on you tube and this is what you are up against. I havent seen anybody on this forum or anywhere else, change the tail other than race bodywork and aftermarket body kits. If you want to clean up the back look at the hotbodies under tail kit and seat cowl.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Carbonin offers a race tail with oe tail light cut-out and multiple seat options (HHR Performace). Stay away from Motoxricambi for this bike (trust me I have a set collecting dust on the shelf, but if you want pm me). Or for a race look get led strip (I think HSBK has them) and wire factory connector to new led with race tail that has no cut-out. Either way race bodywork will have to be painted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I have the paint taken care of, Just looking for a racebike look. I did see the tail light LED strips. Looks like it might be a good way to go. Wonder if someone else has used it and would be willing to share pics.

·
Registered
‘06 GSXR 750, with Lorry lights
69 Posts
What is your motivation for wanting to change the tail? Is it weight reduction? Do you not like the look of the stock tail?

Maybe it is just that you like race tails better, but even then there are so many different looks for race tails that could mean... anything. I assume it is more because you don’t like something about the current tail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts