Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Things are not going well!!! & a couple of ?'s

744 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WebWarlock 
#1 ·
Things are not going well!!! & a couple of ?\'s

After installing V&H exhaust stage 3 jets I take it out for a test run. Driving around for about 10 minute. Carbs are feeling good....now it time to get on it. Light turns green i take off get a spin in 1 2 3 and smoke. Guess what happened... My RH side oil line touches the header. Luckly Me and the guy I was riding with kept our bikes up. I ordered a new line from world of cycles 72.00. So i have to wait a week. I think I should of just left it stock. Anyway I had a couple of ?. I just finish intalling my oil temp guage,It reads 55F and the bike as not been on for a day is it normal to read a temp.(By the way its 55 here in bx ny today) Second the plastic air tube that go from the the front vents to the rear.. Are they really needed. I figured if I take them off it should keep the motor and filters cleaner. As far as the left side pass. peg bracket is it true I can put a 750 bracket on it to get rid of the existing muffler mount since I now have a single.
Thanks.

#2 ·
Re: Things are not going well!!! & a couple of ?\'s

Bummer about the oil line; glad nobody went down/got hurt.

I left the tubes in mine, but removed the rubber re-director on the end of the right-hand side since I no longer have an airbox all the way back there... the filters are cleanable; it's their *job* to get dirty, and I figure the extra blast of cool air can't hurt anything back there.

As for the oil-temp gage, does it have batteries or is it powered by the bike? If it's powered by the bike, I would connect it to a circuit that's only energized when the ignition is on. If it's got it's own battery, I can't see that it matters that it displays when the bike is off.

#4 ·

If you hadn't ordered a new line I would say try and give street and comp a call and see if they still sell the steel braided oil line kit for oil pumpers. I have it and can route the oil lines just about any way I want (within reason)...

#5 ·

Originally posted by Dontilgon:
I just finish intalling my oil temp guage,It reads 55F and the bike as not been on for a day is it normal to read a temp.(By the way its 55 here in bx ny today)
Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You betcha it will read ambient temp. if the bike isn't running...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.