Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a thin head gasket for 2007 gsxr 750 what are my options?????? What have others used/ tried???????

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just ordered mine from doctordug.com 678-438-0455 Name is Doug.
I went with the 0.50mm its 0.008 thinner than OEM. I didnt go to thin because I am still going to be spraying 1/2 the time.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These thinner gaskets wont "pop" any easier than the oem ones will they? I just want to ensure i wont be loosing any head gasket integrity or durability by running one of these.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Bumping compression is the only way to get true power gains out of the motor. A potential downside, depending on how far you go, is that you'll be required to use race gas - which ain't cheap. :|

The before/after effect of the work we did on my motor is night and day. Well worth the time/money spent.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,528 Posts
Old post, but this brand is known to fail
JFC.
Seriously...why would you drag up an 11yr old thread, with nothing of value to contribute?
A random thought popped into your head, and you needed to share it? Are we the better for it?

FYI, I've been using Cometic with success for several decades...off the shelf and custom spec.

·
Registered
2006 GSX-R 600
562 Posts
JFC.
Seriously...why would you drag up an 11yr old thread, with nothing of value to contribute?
A random thought popped into your head, and you needed to share it? Are we the better for it?

FYI, I've been using Cometic with success for several decades...off the shelf and custom spec.
because i was searching what are my options and i dont want people suggesting this brand without being warned that they're known to fail. unfortunately, Yosh stopped making 750 gaskets a long time ago when they stopped racing that class. so if you're running a 636 kit, or a 750 motor, your options are very limited.

but thanks for your well thought out response.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,528 Posts
because i was searching what are my options and i dont want people suggesting this brand without being warned that they're known to fail. unfortunately, Yosh stopped making 750 gaskets a long time ago when they stopped racing that class. so if you're running a 636 kit, or a 750 motor, your options are very limited.

but thanks for your well thought out response.
You've been here long enough, to know that dragging up dead threads is frowned upon...and so is making a generalized statement.
Handwriting Gesture Font Rectangle Line

1 - 13 of 13 Posts