Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, these threads as of late are pretty much mondo boring. If I see another photo of a painted bike...

Anyways, I am looking for some info on sv1000 race parts. Anyone on here race one of these in a competitive manner? I'm not looking for shock info or exhaust systems here. I need to know engine details. Clutch details. What did you do to the motor - typical Supersport type build?

Poppa bear here may be running a twin for Suzuki cash. Who knows. Probably fall through like the last year did, but hey, a guy can dream, right?

I am looking for what was done motor-wise. Also, any changes to the clutch?

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Awe, gee wizzz dad . . . and I was going to finally post a photo of my bike along with a race report. Oh well . . . .

I think PuppyFarts is the only one who actually raced an SV1000 last year . . . it just depends on what you mean by "in a competitive manner."

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
chris lake from WFO races 1

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Hey now, some of us are racing on the dirt too and that season started in January (I just suck so bad that I don't want to bore y'all with the details).

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: These threads are lame - actual race question/info neede

I didn't crack the cases on mine, just the usual external mods (TRE, PCIII-usb, etc.) - like these girls were insinuating, I could barely use the power it had.

Spears makes a cable clutch conversion, which is nice as there have been issues with the slave cyl leaking. I believe they also have custom cam grinds available. There were a couple of other guys on the SV1000 Portal racing them - Joe Ball was racing one competiviely in WERA, and I believe he's from Ohio.

I've got a friend making super light subframes and fairing stays for the SVs. He makes them to the '03 S model spec, which is a little higher than the '04+ models. The subframes are 7+ lbs. lighter than stock.

The biggest complaint I had was the forks. The tubes are soft as butter.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts

he said competitively hahahaha.... anyway.... Liz, Kippie on the SV forum here races one and he has done many of modifications to his, he is also very cometitive in his region, i believe he holds the #1 plate there.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I didn't crack the cases on mine, just the usual external mods (TRE, PCIII-usb, etc.) - like these girls were insinuating, I could barely use the power it had.

Spears makes a cable clutch conversion, which is nice as there have been issues with the slave cyl leaking. I believe they also have custom cam grinds available. There were a couple of other guys on the SV1000 Portal racing them - Joe Ball was racing one competiviely in WERA, and I believe he's from Ohio.

I've got a friend making super light subframes and fairing stays for the SVs. He makes them to the '03 S model spec, which is a little higher than the '04+ models. The subframes are 7+ lbs. lighter than stock.

The biggest complaint I had was the forks. The tubes are soft as butter.
No offense to Joe Ball, but I was looking for someone like Mark Junge or someone that speed. I haven't talked to Mark for over a year so, I figured I would see who one here has.

When I talk serious, I am talking like what you do to a Supersport/Superstock bike. EMS, Suspension, shit like that is all store bought stuff. i am looking for slipper clutch info, what specs are working for an SV1000 motor-wise, etc...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

he said competitively hahahaha.... anyway.... Liz, Kippie on the SV forum here races one and he has done many of modifications to his, he is also very cometitive in his region, i believe he holds the #1 plate there.
Can you have him PM me? We picked this thing up yesterday and we are wanting to "play" around and get some Suzuki cash and possibly Cup points....

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

No offense to Joe Ball, but I was looking for someone like Mark Junge or someone that speed. I haven't talked to Mark for over a year so, I figured I would see who one here has.

When I talk serious, I am talking like what you do to a Supersport/Superstock bike. EMS, Suspension, shit like that is all store bought stuff. i am looking for slipper clutch info, what specs are working for an SV1000 motor-wise, etc...
Well, I can tell you that the O.E. slipper clutch is a nice feature. I got so used to having it that when I first got on my 600, I swore I was about to lose the trans on a down shift!

The SV1000 fields are kind of small. Trey Batey seems to own WERA's SV1K classes and I don't hear too many people racing them in CCS. If you think the boys from Vesrah will offer you information, they are probably your best bet. I'm pretty sure they are still racing their '03 bikes though.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

i think someone bought his last year bike. i think i seen the guy with it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well, I can tell you that the O.E. slipper clutch is a nice feature. I got so used to having it that when I first got on my 600, I swore I was about to lose the trans on a down shift!

The SV1000 fields are kind of small. Trey Batey seems to own WERA's SV1K classes and I don't hear too many people racing them in CCS. If you think the boys from Vesrah will offer you information, they are probably your best bet. I'm pretty sure they are still racing their '03 bikes though.
Negatory Ghost rider - they have the new stuff. Maybe an 04 from last year, but they always have new stuff. Actually, they have had an 05 1000 GSXR before anyone outside of factory and sub factory teams...

It's Tray, by the way, not Trey...

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

at the 03 GNF, when I ran out of friggin gas after a red flag and quick restart without getting a splash of gas - I was stopped on the outside of the back straight just before the chute.

this was Heavywewight Twins and my God, Tray Batey came on that back straight on that mongo twin SO FAST and even though I was 30 feet from him going by ---the air he pushed by would almost knock me over.... damn that man can RIDE.....

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

at the 03 GNF, when I ran out of friggin gas after a red flag and quick restart without getting a splash of gas - I was stopped on the outside of the back straight just before the chute.

this was Heavywewight Twins and my God, Tray Batey came on that back straight on that mongo twin SO FAST and even though I was 30 feet from him going by ---the air he pushed by would almost knock me over.... damn that man can RIDE.....
We ran the National Endurance Series for a few years and let me say, you never realize just how fast he and Mark are until they go past. I remember the year the new GSXR1000 came out. Mark blew past me on the straight and I tucked into his draft on the back straight at Road Atlanta. I picked up at least ten miles and hour and I blew my brake markers by 100 feet. Amazing machines, but even more amazing when they have a great rider on them.

Tray used to pass us and wave. Nice touch. Man can ride and is so smooth....

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

You can also talk to JHS Racing in the UK. They've been racing the SV1K for the last couple of years and posted on the SV portal that they just finished their '05 bike and it's 142hp at the rear wheel. Google search the name.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts

We ran the National Endurance Series for a few years and let me say, you never realize just how fast he and Mark are until they go past. I remember the year the new GSXR1000 came out. Mark blew past me on the straight and I tucked into his draft on the back straight at Road Atlanta. I picked up at least ten miles and hour and I blew my brake markers by 100 feet. Amazing machines, but even more amazing when they have a great rider on them.

Tray used to pass us and wave. Nice touch. Man can ride and is so smooth....
i have had the pleasure to share the track with both mark and tray and yes they are fffffffffffast!! and Tray is the most respectable guy outthere

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.