Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time I was using some 4 piston calipers, and then I was using some 6 piston calipers, but it just wasn't enough... piston calipers were just not cutting it no matter how many they shoved in there...so now I run rotary calipers. These are the same style brakes they used on the Mazda RX-7!! The ones I'm using now are twin-rotor calipers.

I only have to be traveling at like 3mph to pull a phat 9 o'clock stoppie now!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You need to turbo charge them man, you might be able to do a stoppie without moving if they are turboed like that.
Def. a good mod, did you just take the rotors out of someone's rx-7? and what rpm do you run them at.

HAH, i bet you had to overclock AND crossdrill your ECU for that.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I bought 2 worlds strongest man winners and mounted them on my forks. They squeeze the rotors when I whip them. Talk about stoppies!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Why can't you just grab one of the spokes while the bike is running

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Originally posted by migz123:
Why can't you just grab one of the spokes while the bike is running
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Because you run the risk of getting your do-rag stuck on your handlebars as you reach down for it.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
Ya'all are behind the times... I got some vernier-calipers on my bike, for precision-braking!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Verniers are _last_ year's news!!! Haven't you seen the new monoblock outside micrometers from Snap-On???? You can dial in down to precision braking. Either that or go all out and get one of those engineering thingies for doing Rockwell Hardness testing...tough to mount though. Well, unless you use JB weld!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by bcjohn:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FastCat:
Ya'all are behind the times... I got some vernier-calipers on my bike, for precision-braking!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Verniers are _last_ year's news!!! Haven't you seen the new monoblock outside micrometers from Snap-On???? You can dial in down to precision braking. Either that or go all out and get one of those engineering thingies for doing Rockwell Hardness testing...tough to mount though. Well, unless you use JB weld!!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was *gonna* get those, but the snap-on catalog only listed a p/n for the SAE micrometers... I have metric rotors.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I got a set of these body fat calipers to help me lighten my bike....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts