Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live i Norway. Age limit for bikes are 21. (18 if you restrict it to 34hp) a 2001 600-750 cost about 70-80.000 nkr.
that is, $10000, or somewhere around that. don't know how these prices compare, but the insurance, oh my god the humanity the insurance.
anyone want to guess what i need to pay for a 600/750 per year? or a 1k? for the record:
im 21, and i know insurance companies dont want young boys on performance vehicles, but i have got 5 years in traffic on two wheels with no problems whatsoever.

imaging saving for a year, taking a loan for the rest of the bike
and then getting a bill for 50,000nkr ( $7000) for a 600/750
and 90,000 ($12,800) nkr for a 1k.
oh, and that is just basic insurance, not full covarage.
i feel f'ed. hard.

how much do you guys pay for your insurance?

·
Registered
195 Posts
$35 a month, full comprehensive and collision, $100 deductible, thank you state farm

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'm 21 now and pay 300 per year for full coverage with a 100 dollars deductable...

but when i was 18 my 99 600 was only 326 dollars a year full coverage with a 100 dollar deductable

and the entire time i was NOT on my parents account

thank you country companies

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn that's crazy, are two strokes legal in Norway? Why not look into an Aprilia RS250 wouldn't it be cheeper, but then again I don't know what they base the Ins. on in your country.

By the way when I was 21 two years ago I paid a little above $1,300 for full coverage for the whole year. I lived in a shitty neighborhood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup, they are for now..
of course, a 250 would be cheaper, but it aint quite the bike the gsxr is, and im in a gixxe mood.
rode the 750 im going to buy yesterday.
goddamn, that is one funny bike. (like mohaha, not like "there is something funny about the bike)
anybody got tire recomandations for this beauty?
two worn tires, and a f'ed front disc, only downsides i could find.
oh, and a high milage, 30k..

yosh slipon.

damn. im drooling again.

the insurance is based on hp/weight and how prone the bikes are to be crashed. these sportsbikes are very popular with us crashing-all-the-time young guys, and the insurance gets kindy of pricey. for the record, 100,000 nkr is about 1/3 of the average income per year..
if you are 30 instead of 21, the price is a tenth or something.

when i called the insurance company, i felt like i needed to explain "no mam, i will not be using it for a money transport, just riding, and no, its not a space shuttle, its a damn bike!"

think about it, 1/3 of your yearly income on a bike insurance?
insane? yes!!

maybe ill need to negotiate these prices with a shotgun or something.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I live i Norway. Age limit for bikes are 21. (18 if you restrict it to 34hp) a 2001 600-750 cost about 70-80.000 nkr.
that is, $10000, or somewhere around that. don't know how these prices compare, but the insurance, oh my god the humanity the insurance.
anyone want to guess what i need to pay for a 600/750 per year? or a 1k? for the record:
im 21, and i know insurance companies dont want young boys on performance vehicles, but i have got 5 years in traffic on two wheels with no problems whatsoever.

imaging saving for a year, taking a loan for the rest of the bike
and then getting a bill for 50,000nkr ( $7000) for a 600/750
and 90,000 ($12,800) nkr for a 1k.
oh, and that is just basic insurance, not full covarage.
i feel f'ed. hard.

how much do you guys pay for your insurance?
When you get married, the Ins. companies know that on the honeymoon night, the wife puts your balls in her purse, there for they know you wont be riding it. That's why married men pay next to nothing to insure because the average married male logs about 2500 miles a year, all for which he will be beaten and denied sex as punishment for going against the dominant female....

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Damn I pay $227 a year with a $50 deductible on comprehensive and $500 on collision.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well my insurance company wanted around $6500 a year for full coverage! Like i would pay that when my bike was only $500 more... lol! I have only liability for $500 a year! It sucks i know, but i guess it is my fault... when i first got my license i got some shit tickets that were just "wrong place, wrong time" type of deals... and hterefoire got a red license. Ironically, i haven't got a ticket yet on the bike (knock on wood) so my insurance should be going down here in a bit and then i will get that bad boy under full coverage!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.