Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have problem with my bike.
I recently replaced spark plugs with iridium plugs and new air filter, since then, there has been a problem .
when the engine temperature is between 90-130F(after a short break) degrees the engine starts without problem.
in addition, he keeps holding 2000rpm at idle.

if I wrote something wrong, I'm sorry, I'm still learning.

thank you for your help and best regards. :)

- link to the problem video

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,070 Posts
The fast idle system will keep it at around 2000 RPM for a while after a cold start. It will then slow down to the standard idle RPM, which should be about 1200 RPM (indicated). You can watch the fast idle cam on the end of the secondary throttle slowly rotate as it comes off fast idle. The fast idle is set at the factory and in general should be left alone per the service manual. The standard idle gets adjusted. Pay attention to which one is being set. The adjustment screw is a bit of a PITA to turn and I have a thread here where I redesigned it. The biggest difficulty was the M5x.5 thread.

Something's not right if it stays at 2000 RPM. The most likely reason is that the idle's set too high. But it could also be a problem with the fast idle linkage or the secondary throttle.

P.S. I also have a thread here about using the Denso IU27D plug in a K5/K6. Suzuki first used it on the K7. It's hard to find them, maybe easier in Poland.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Yes you can put the old plugs back in, This will eliminate the plugs as the problem. BillV has not put the links in his post but you can Google Suzuki GSXR 1000 05-06 Fast idle problem and this will lead you to more Gixxer threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tightened air box and it's better, but I have to wait for it to cool down and see if the engine starts normally.

today after a short ride, the bike hardly started for me, waited 10 minutes,
and suddenly it started up normally, I don't know what's going on
:(

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,070 Posts
Check the cables to the battery and the battery voltage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the problem, one was a screw idle setting the other was a bad battery.

After connecting it to the charger and charging it after a few seconds the bad battery error appeared.

So topic closed and thank you all for your help. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts