Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 with a 771 big bore kit, full vance&hines SS system and stock carbs with bigger jets (I forgot the sizes but its wrong). how many horsies do you think I have at the wheel?

·
Registered
398 Posts
115-120hp..depending on dyno. We did one with mild port, bugger scooted. Ran it with a V&H Pro Megaphone drag pipe, 36mm carbs, ignition advancer, velocity stacks. Good year and engine!

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Originally posted by PhatBastardDesigns:
115-120hp..depending on dyno. We did one with mild port, bugger scooted. Ran it with a V&H Pro Megaphone drag pipe, 36mm carbs, ignition advancer, velocity stacks. Good year and engine!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">your site is not coming up

·
Registered
398 Posts
still transfering it to a new server..one we had kept having down time and it wasnt worth the hassle.hope to have it back soon, rebuilding it while we are transfering.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I'll guess somewhere closer to 92-98rwhp. You do have the 29mm '85 carbs right? I think the smaller carbs are starving your motor.

I dynoed mine with the Hindle, 31mm carbs and stock motor...it was 87/88rwhp

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yeah ditch those small carbs they are choking your motor, throw a set of 38mm RS flatslides on there or a set of 39mm FCR's or hell a set of 38mm CV's would do it
-Karl

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yeh, I rockon with standard carbs , jetted you are looking at 95-100 .

don't set your sights too high. Even that it 10-15 % up on stock.

For 120 + you really need modern stuff I reckon or an 1100 motor

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I had a 90 750 with a Weisco 13.5:1 771 piston kit, d&d exhaust, 38mm cv's, jet kit, k&n filters, adjustable ignition advancer, and ported head with stock valves. It made 107rwhp on a dynojet 250. The cam timing was 102/105 and the ing advance was +5.

I'm sure with a set of flatslides and a sidewinder it would have been higher.

I say go for the 907 kit

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I had an ET for my bike I would but up here in the great white north, all our tracks are still closed. Soon though, soon....... the bikes are trickling back out onto the streets now. SPRING'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts