Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wife\'s award, but my GAIN

She got an award for time of service with her company. ( Pick from the list type thing.) Nothing she needed so I got do choose

It's not a new GSXR, but this one will be legal in [sprint]triathalons. I have been competing on a borrowd bike for the past few.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,244 Posts
Re: The Wife\'s award, but my GAIN

Nice. Going to race with the triple or changing the cranks?
This is what I'm going to be building up this summer to start racing next January.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Nice. Going to race with the triple or changing the cranks?
I will be doing sprint triathlons around Reno. Very hilly, so the tripple is nessesary. The 1000C is "entry level" but it is a lot better than what I had (nothing) and even better for free

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,244 Posts

Nothing beats free.
I used to race in and around Auburn, CA, so I know about the hills. I still think one of my favorite rides is around Tahoe. Used go up there with friends for three days. Day one we would do 1 lap, day 2 lap we did two laps, the day 3 we rode home. So for three days we'd get nearly 300 miles in. If only to be in that kind of shape again......
I just know if we hadn't had the 39 tooth chain ring in front most of us would have died.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts

That looks like a tiny frame, what size is it and how tall are you? I've got a triple on my Cannondale, but I rarely use it. There are about 2 massive bridges here that it's geat for, other than that, I never use the smallest ring.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

wow.. sweet bikes. i picked up a used IH (iron horse) couple of month ago.. gotta change out the cass. and the chain on that bad boy

·
Registered
219 Posts

Nice bike! I have a Trek 1000 too and I use it for Olympic Distance and Hald Ironman triathlons. I also took it on a 100mile ride this passed weekend. Its not the best bike in the world, but I only paid $400 for it and $50 for the carbon fork I put on, so how can you beat that? Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That looks like a tiny frame, what size is it and how tall are you? I've got a triple on my Cannondale, but I rarely use it. There are about 2 massive bridges here that it's geat for, other than that, I never use the smallest ring.
it's a 60mm. I am 6'2"

I have been out of bikes for a ton of years. Why all the talk about changing the cranks and cassette? What am I missing?

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts

looks like a 1000

that is a cool bike man , i dont know much about those speed bikes ( im into bmx ) but that is a sweet bike , and a good deal. SCORE!!!!

·
Registered
6,084 Posts

Nothing beats free.
I used to race in and around Auburn, CA, so I know about the hills.
FUCK THOSE HILLS. I hate those hills.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

looks like a 1000

that is a cool bike man , i dont know much about those speed bikes ( im into bmx ) but that is a sweet bike , and a good deal. SCORE!!!!
I have an older PKRipper XL that I a want to re-build. My son has his eyes on it, but NO! It's mine.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,244 Posts

rags you goin to do STP when it comes around?
I'm planning on it next year. I'll be doing more distance training when I get my bike together than race training til the STP is done. Planning on doing it in a day.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,244 Posts

Nothing beats free.
I used to race in and around Auburn, CA, so I know about the hills.
FUCK THOSE HILLS. I hate those hills.

Climbing the hills made the rides worthwhile! Not to mention the 60 MPH decents...........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.