Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been an overwhelming request for a complete list of mods for newbies to do to their bikes. Most of us hardcore guys have already done most/all of these. So for those just catching up this is going to be the definitive list and could be a nice project for you to do. Please add any I might have forgotten and I shall update the list, thanks for the input.

Velco mod
Frame, wheels (well everything) cross drill mod
Speed hole mod
ECU cross drill/overclocking/ram upgrade mod
Teflon mod
Blinker fluid mod
Exhaust bearing mod
Front brake removal mod
Tyre helium mod
Anti seize oil replacement mod
Wheelie and Stoppie sliders mod
Cup holder mod
Engine rpm increased hp mod
Tree mod

[ 12-12-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: gsxrboy ]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Maximum tire life mod

Rotate tires...front to back and back to front, rim included. Increases tire life and is necessary if you don't want to void your tire warranty. Just need to spread the forks a bit to get the rear tire in the front and put the rear sprocket on the front rim ... bolts right up.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Also don't forget the twin turbo brake mod and piston return spring mod

·
Registered
767 Posts
am i the only person who put a sound system and hydrolics on my bike?

Hmm oh well i like being origional...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
What about the diamond grinding paste chain and gear box mod.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Hey! What about the Fur Mod (cheeta preforably).

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Egg Carton Fairing Mod (light weight)

Front Brake Removal Mod (less weight in front for easier wheelies)

Aftermarket Muffler Bearing Mod

Neon!

...oh, and we can't forget about sanding the rear tire. Wouldn't want everyone to see those chicken strips.

[ 12-15-2002, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

·
Registered
500 Posts
How about the seat removal mod?? Lighter bike!!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Single-sided swingarm mod (hack off one side)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You also have to modify your gear guys. Imagine the look of fear on the newbie's poor face when he has to crouch and move in strange ways to urinate. So i made a MOD for my leathers. All you do is cut a hole where the "appropriate" organ is, and add.. well what else! VELCRO! BLAMO! Instant pee.. or is that fleshy's pee mod? Shit

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by Intrigue:
You also have to modify your gear guys. Imagine the look of fear on the newbie's poor face when he has to crouch and move in strange ways to urinate. So i made a MOD for my leathers. All you do is cut a hole where the "appropriate" organ is, and add.. well what else! VELCRO! BLAMO! Instant pee.. or is that fleshy's pee mod? Shit

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What the FUCK do you where leathers for ?

I though the correct gear was Cargo shorts, wife beater, and flip-flops, along with th e bitchin' shades......

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hey, the only time I wear leathers (briefly) is if I hit a deer...

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Geez....how could you guys forget stickers??? I mean look how much HP the ricers get from stickers, just think what they do for our bikes???

Also, tire flies. They make your wheels lighter. Get it, lights....lighter...HAHAHAHAHAAHahahaahahahaha

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Originally posted by Antagonist 5000:
2 wheel drive!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't Laugh it's been done. Yamaha was testing an R1 with hydraulic fron wheel drive.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Don't know why the "weightless mod" has not been getting favorable reviews in here.

I figured out that the battery is REALLY heavy -- so I just took it out. And gives you lots of extra space under the seat too. I'm thinking of selling a "how-to" pamphlet on my web site.

haven't road tested it yet.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts