Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question was- How many 750RG\'s were there?

After sending two letters to American Suzuki , a phone call to the consumer line and probing the darkest err...recessess of magazines of the past (some articles said 50 others 5000) and bugging anyone that looked like they might know...I finally got a hard answer.

For 1986 Suzuki made 2400 GSX-R 750 RG Limited Edition's. 1400 were distributed to the United States and the remaining 1000 were divided up for the rest of the world.

And I have one so I feel special...even if I'm not.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Re: The question was- How many 750RG\'s were there?

interesting info.....

now i wonder how many '89 rrk's were made, i've heard as few as 500 and as much as 5000....

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The number 500 stands out in my mind. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll take a dive into the info I've got and see what's what. Maybe the book I got from Amazon.com will say. I remember a "reader's bike" in a past issue of SPORT RIDER about a guy in Georgia with one he'd polished and modified extensively. Where did I put that?? not in the box with the old PLAYBOY's???...hmmm...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

yeah, i tend to think around 500 as well, but it's just that i've seen more pictures of the rrk than i have of the rg so it kinda gives the impression that the rrk was more common, despite the fact it was never officially sold in the u.s.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts

Can't remember, was the rrk the short stroke or long stroke???

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

the rrk was a long stroke, whereas the regular 750k of the same year was a short stroke. the very next model year (90), saw all 750's going back to the long stroke motor.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Long stroke, aluminum gas tank, extra-low mount oil cooler, close ratio tranny, different crankshaft, 10mm spark plugs, different bodywork (not just the colors) and on and on. the Gixxer book I have has the low-down on the spec's and the details but it didn't say how many were made. The book mentioned that when they became availible they weren't competitive so they had a hard time finding homes with racers. Let me know if you want all the printed data posted on the rrk.

I hope my wife didn't toss my PLAYBOY's or I'll never find that article...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

and 40mm slingshots, braced swingarm, solo tailsection....in my opinion probably the best looking of the oil cooled gsxr's.

ironic that they weren't that competitive, though, seeing as how suzuki manufactured them so they could get the long stroke motor legal again for superbike racing, as the short stroke wasn't fulfilling their expectations.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcklrcr:
Long stroke, aluminum gas tank, extra-low mount oil cooler, close ratio tranny, different crankshaft, 10mm spark plugs, different bodywork (not just the colors) and on and on. the Gixxer book I have has the low-down on the spec's and the details but it didn't say how many were made. The book mentioned that when they became availible they weren't competitive so they had a hard time finding homes with racers. Let me know if you want all the printed data posted on the rrk.

I hope my wife didn't toss my PLAYBOY's or I'll never find that article...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would appreciate it if you would post - maybe it should go in that forum area for specs. This is the kind of historical data that gets 'lost'. thanks!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry for the delay on my end. I was down with a killer headache. Ended up as a patient at my own clinic for my usual shift. I should have clocked in<
It's a shame it wasn't alcohol induced.

I should be able to get it posted tonight after work.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

yeah please post I am interested in trying to get my hands on a rrk9or at least the swing arm)
-Karl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts