Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went down a while ago and since then i have had the base of my frame slider bent and twisted into the frame itself.
Here is a pic of the base stuck in the frame after it was bent back to be removed.

And here is what my frame looks like with the bolt out:

So now i have to decide how i am going to fix that bent part of the frame and currently i do not have a bolt in thst side of the frame. Does anyone know the part number for the bolt on the right hand side that holds the engine to the frame, or a link to a website i could buy it from?

Btw i bought new grips and bar ends:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well, that looks like EXACTLY what happened to my bike, except mine got bent back from slamming into a suv wheelwell doing 47mph. My base plate also put a gouge in my frame, and I had to bend the bolt back to get the shit off. From what I gathered, the part of the engine mount spacer that you see all bent and fucked up can only be removed by taking the motor out. Mine was fucked up, but not as bad as yours, and the space between the spacer, and the engine seemed even. I even straightened out my bent bolt and used that for a while. My buddy bought a base plate kit for his wife and wasnt able to use the bolts, so he gave me hers.

There isnt much you can do if you dont want to have the motor taken out. If you want another bolt, you might be able to contact the vortex slider maker, and they might be able to send you a bolt, or your gonna have to buy another base plate kit just to get the bolt.

Just measure the bolt you need and tell them the size.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Well i went down a while ago and since then i have had the base of my frame slider bent and twisted into the frame itself.
Here is a pic of the base stuck in the frame after it was bent back to be removed.

And here is what my frame looks like with the bolt out:

So now i have to decide how i am going to fix that bent part of the frame and currently i do not have a bolt in thst side of the frame. Does anyone know the part number for the bolt on the right hand side that holds the engine to the frame, or a link to a website i could buy it from?

Btw i bought new grips and bar ends:
I happen to have my OEM engine mounting bolts lying around...PM me...

·
Registered
684 Posts
I think the vortex bolt is a little longer then the OEM cause it has to make up the difference for the slider and the base plate. I'm not sure if it will be long enough.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a recent crash though the damage is very minor. The only damage was the magento cover, shifter arm and the sliders. I had the LSL sliders (they are a little pricey) though am looking at alternatives (yoyodyne and woodcraft). Looking at how some of the various sliders are designed, this was a consideration for me; what would happen if it bend the motor mount or bent such that it was a bitch to get out.

Unfortunately, the crash destroyed the crash pad ($60 a pair) [i dont know if I have to buy a pair or can get them individually as replacement]. And the mouting braket spun around and broke too (thats about $70 if I can't get just the repalcement part needed). But the mounting braket has a low profile so it did not damage the motor mount.

I am not sure if I want to try something new or go with what I know works despite the fact that it costs a few weeks worth of groceries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.