Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And finally Denver is grouped with the other undefeated teams. Granted they're dead last but I don't even care anymore. Being ranked #5 in a meaningless poll feels pretty good. Suddenly all that bitching seems to have been heard. :lol

My only real complaint is the fact that they rank defenses by total yards allowed when it's points that win/lose games. They're only allowing 8.6pts per game which is the best in the NFL by a long margin and since they're paid to keep the offense from putting points on the board I would say they're the best and it's really not even close since the next teams are about double that.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to further emphasize my rant:

:lmao

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Haha... someone was suckered into buying one. :lmao
Now I wouldn't go that far, but it was cool seeing something different for a change. I root for the home team, but I'm a Cowboy fan. Before you say anything, just know that I was at that game, and had it rubbed in my face plenty...:crying

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I wouldn't go that far, but it was cool seeing something different for a change. I root for the home team, but I'm a Cowboy fan. Before you say anything, just know that I was at that game, and had it rubbed in my face plenty...:crying
That sucks.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hell yeah Colts #1!.
I don't think so. New Orleans will probably slide into the top spot after what they did to the previously #2 ranked Giants and they deserve it too. The Colts last two victories were against the 2-4 Seahawks and the winless Titans. Not saying much for that top spot. IMO there isn't a team in the NFL playing better all around football than the Saints to this point. Even if Denver comes out and destroys the favored Chargers on MNF I still can't say they're #1 and would probably put them #3 at the highest with the Saints #1 and the Colts #2. While the first two spots are pretty solid I will have to wait until tomorrow night's game to see if Denver deserves to be ranked #3 ahead of the Vikings but I seriously doubt it. The Vikings may have just barely won but they played a good Ravens team. This Denver game will be one of the toughest games of the season to this point on the road against their toughest divisional opponent in a stadium that's tough to win in. Given all of that if Denver crushes SD I think my top four goes like this:

Saints
Colts
Broncos
Vikings

If it's close or Denver loses then your top three goes like this:

Saints
Colts
Vikings

That's just my opinion based on what I've seen so far this season though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Actually they're ranked #1 in link. And any NFC team no matter how good you think they are are automatically placed after an AFC team. Far superior football teams. You got the Saints and the....just beaten Giants. That's all I see in the NFC. I don't care how easy you think the Colts schedule is, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat so why take away from them? As long as Peyton Manning is playing they have a chance to win NO MATTER WHAT.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually they're ranked #1 in link. And any NFC team no matter how good you think they are are automatically placed after an AFC team. Far superior football teams. You got the Saints and the....just beaten Giants. That's all I see in the NFC. I don't care how easy you think the Colts schedule is, they beat the teams they are supposed to beat so why take away from them? As long as Peyton Manning is playing they have a chance to win NO MATTER WHAT.
They won't maintain #1 for the same reason Denver was #13 even undefeated.... strength of schedule. I'm not taking away from them just saying that after this week the Saints have beaten better teams by more of a margin and therefore deserve to be ranked #1.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
There are MANY MANY power rankings posted by individual people that place teams in different spots. Its the ESPN rankings we watch.:cheers

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Only team looking like a true power house right now is the Saints... Every other team is very beatable 2 through 10 maybe even top 15...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sorry but not the Colts. Our defense and offense are missing significant cogs right now. Anthony Gonzalez is a starting wide receiver for the team and has been out since week one with a knee injury. Bob Sanders hasn't played at all this year on defense and we've missed Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden for a couple of games now, both starting corners and the starting safety. And yet we're still dominating teams. I think the Colts match up against the Saints REAL REAL nice.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry but not the Colts. Our defense and offense are missing significant cogs right now. Anthony Gonzalez is a starting wide receiver for the team and has been out since week one with a knee injury. Bob Sanders hasn't played at all this year on defense and we've missed Marlin Jackson and Kelvin Hayden for a couple of games now, both starting corners and the starting safety. And yet we're still dominating teams. I think the Colts match up against the Saints REAL REAL nice.
Colts are looking real good and who else can you give credit to but Peyton Manning? I mean a new head coach, new coordinators and pretty much a whole new hands team to pass to and look what he's doing with rookies and people he probably doesn't even know by first name. That guy is just amazing and I would take him over Pretty Boy Tom Brady any day of the week. Put Randy Moss in a Colts uniform and watch what happens.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Colts are looking real good and who else can you give credit to but Peyton Manning? I mean a new head coach, new coordinators and pretty much a whole new hands team to pass to and look what he's doing with rookies and people he probably doesn't even know by first name. That guy is just amazing and I would take him over Pretty Boy Tom Brady any day of the week. Put Randy Moss in a Colts uniform and watch what happens.
Yeah, and now he's GOD for throwing 5 tds in a quarter against the worst team in NFL right now.:rolleyes

1 - 20 of 29 Posts