1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My girl's SV

My new tail with the Yammi taillight cutouts

Primed and ready for some silver & black

Ditching the factory signal locations...

another SV650s shot....Got a great deal on it!!!

strippin the tank....

More to come....The gix will be some variation of Silver/Black....Not sure on the scheme yet...Any suggestions?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what ya gonna paint them like?
I was thinkin of mostly black with subtle striping/schemes in Orion Silver....
Going to lay down the base coat and then will test a mock setup...

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
How much did you pay for the SV

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I hope you did not fill the entire front marker light cavity with Bondo to smooth it out. The SV is very nice, I am looking for one for my wife.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
$3900 ...Love it..
I am looking for a twin... Where did you get it from? I would love to rock on of those.... But they are all 6k around here...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope you did not fill the entire front marker light cavity with Bondo to smooth it out. The SV is very nice, I am looking for one for my wife.
No, I cut off the excess and layed down some fiberglass...The SV is awesome, my lady loves it...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$3900 ...Love it..
I am looking for a twin... Where did you get it from? I would love to rock on of those.... But they are all 6k around here...
Yeah, we scored big with the SV. Saw it for sale on a local classifieds site.
Came with a power commander, micron exhaust (damaged, slight air leak), single seat cowl, undertail, aluminum sprocket....Overall, a good deal... Though is has been dropped. (there's scratches on the right bar end and a small portion of the upper) No complaints here..

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
No, I cut off the excess and layed down some fiberglass...The SV is awesome, my lady loves it...
Big mistake bro! I would rip all the fiberglass off that, and grab a small piece of abs plastic off another fairing or any abs. Cut it to the hole and epoxy it on.

The fiberglass always expands with heat, time, and movement. Your going to end up with a nasty groove where the marker was at after time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Big mistake bro! I would rip all the fiberglass off that, and grab a small piece of abs plastic off another fairing or any abs. Cut it to the hole and epoxy it on.

The fiberglass always expands with heat, time, and movement. Your going to end up with a nasty groove where the marker was at after time.
Aww damn....It's too late for that now... So you're sayin the resin with expand enough to warp/destroy the paint & filler?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.