Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the more I like it!
This is my first true sportbike. (had a Busa) I was riding a tricked out Roadstar Warrior before this one, and its taking some getting used to. I thought about going back to a Busa, but I'm glad I didn't. My K5 is way more fun to ride than anything I ever owned. I like the light weight, small size, power, brakes, handling. I even like the stuff some don't: the seat, the LOOKS, the wind protection.
Best motorcycle I ever rode. Wish the weather was better.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I know the feeling. I'm starting to realize more and more, things that would scare me to death on other bikes, I just take it all in stride on this one. Front end getting light and squirly under hard acceleration, back end kicking out a little and leaving *******.........it all just feels normal and under control.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
the more I like it!
This is my first true sportbike. (had a Busa) I was riding a tricked out Roadstar Warrior before this one, and its taking some getting used to. I thought about going back to a Busa, but I'm glad I didn't. My K5 is way more fun to ride than anything I ever owned. I like the light weight, small size, power, brakes, handling. I even like the stuff some don't: the seat, the LOOKS, the wind protection.
Best motorcycle I ever rode. Wish the weather was better.
I totally agree this new bike is amazing and I can't get enough riding time. The weather in my area also rains a lot so I don't get to really let loose like I want but it is fun to ride anytime even in the rain.

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
So far this is my favorite bike of all the bikes I have ever owned and since I am old I have had quite a few bikes. One thing that surprises me is how people are so surprised when I tell them I ride sport bikes. For some reason it seem people think that when you get older you should no longer ride sport bikes and should instead be on a Harley or a cruiser. Not me, I have no plans to buy anything except sport bikes.

I can't even imagine what the liter bikes will be like 3 - 5 years from now as the technology seems to be advancing at such a high rate. But than again I was saying the same thing 20 years ago.

I will say I am not a fan of the tires and will be getting Michelins very soon.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
I have put 800 kilometers on my bike in the last 36 hours.
What a machine, its got a load more torque than my K4, breaks are are a shit load better. The steering is amazingly faster than the K4. This bike is unbelievable in sweeping bends.
Mirrors are fine in my opinion and I just sat on the beast for 500K`s and I`ve got to tell ya there is nothing wrong with the seat

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really rode it hard yesterday for the 1st time.I had an 03 b4.It's a rocket.This bike is just so much easier to ride.The handling is awesome.i switched up with my friend ,he has a04 GSXR 600,he couldn't believe it handles better than his 600.It turns faster.He was like I can't even feel that there's a190 on there.The engine revs so fast it's sick.There's a section I usually open my bike up,on my 03 I'd barely hit 6th,on the 05 I got into. 6th.Awesome bike.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well im not an expert on riding but I have owned the 03 and now the 05 1000. In a comparison for me. The 03 has a more raw feel to me it gets really great power down low!
Considering I ride backroads and do big wheelies on open roads this power feels great! As far as handling on the 03 it felt great until now. The 05 has awesome power but lacks that low range rip that the 03 has. The 05 gets that feeling higher in the RPM range and when it gets going it's goooooone! Handling is so freakin great it's unreal Ive never been so confident
when riding the back roads. Ive found that the brakes are so much better on the 05 also I can break deeper into the turns this could just be me being more confident with this bike also. But Ive had a few curves that were troubling to me on the 03 that I can rip through on the 05 again can be confidence.Bottom line FOR ME is if I drop a tooth on the 05 it's gonna be RETARDED the perfect mix of beauty and the beast low end rip crazy handling. By the way
the front wheel has only been off the ground twice and it was under hard acelleration.
I JUST WANNA CARVE WITH THIS BABY! Im done with the wheelies!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Totally agree with nemeses on the bottom end power of the 05. My 01 has more bottem end than the 05. My 01 has a nice bottem end grunt that the 05 lacks. The 05 powerband feels like an on/off switch, nothing down low, and then yanks crazy hard above 6500rpm - if there is one complaint that I have with the 05 it is this powercurve.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I have put 800 kilometers on my bike in the last 36 hours.
What a machine, its got a load more torque than my K4, breaks are are a shit load better. The steering is amazingly faster than the K4. This bike is unbelievable in sweeping bends.
Mirrors are fine in my opinion and I just sat on the beast for 500K`s and I`ve got to tell ya there is nothing wrong with the seat
Agree with 100%

The 014's perform quite good as well and it is going to be interesting to compare them to the Powers I'm putting on in a few days.

BTW........ have any of you tried the bike at really fast sweepers at approx. 250 km/h (+150 mph) It seems more nervous and light up front than the K2 I have.
Also noticed it has a tendency to shake it's head from time to time onder hard accel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
im no engineer but ill bet the lack of low end is due to the SET. get a slip on, toss the SET, call it a day... (correct me if im wrong)

·
Registered
776 Posts
im no engineer but ill bet the lack of low end is due to the SET. get a slip on, toss the SET, call it a day... (correct me if im wrong)
I put a pipe on the bike with 1mile on the clock and removed the set valve in doing so.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I like mine more and more the more I ride it, too. Especially when I saw 186 in 4th gear the other day...woot!

·
Registered
251 Posts
186 in 4th huh
So at that rate you'll hite something like 210+ in the top of 6th? LMAO... Dude, I think your speedo is in need of some serious calibration.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I hit 150+ in 3rd today. I think I was about 10-11k rpms...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts