Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the oil that came out of the stator cover is oil correct? And I'm going to need to replace/execute oil change after I put in new stator and cover?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Going repair that wire also, right?
You could just top it off, but it's always good to replace, especially with all the contamination that has now, right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My new stator is on its way via FedEx. OEM parts only! This old stator is not refurbishable what's so ever

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually paid cash for this bike from a bike dealer here in my area. Comes to find out bike wasn't in selling condition. Not from a reputable dealer. I THOUGHT!

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Is that a new stator cover? I would keep the oem one. I think its a good idea to replace the regulator/rectifier at the same time. Make sure to get the updated suzuki oem one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your rite shame on me. It was going to be a match anyways the inner slot wasn't same diameter as oem

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,465 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of your bike so this is a bit generic. Yes it's oil. You ought to be able to see the interior of the crankcase through the holes in the rotor. Also, there ought to be a jet in the crankcase that sprays oil through the rotor holes onto the stator to cool it. Normally I wouldn't think it necessary to change the oil but your stator looks grim enough to make me wonder if it was affecting the oil. If there is any evidence of flakes coming off the stator, that stuff could end up clogging the screen in the strainer, which would not be good. It's a hassle but you might want to pull the pan and inspect the strainer. There probably are sealing washers used for some of the screws that mount the cover. They are associated with holes that run into the crankcase. It's prudent to replace them as they may be a source of leaks. A step beyond that is to apply a low strength thread lock (Loctite 222) to those screws to act as a sealant. The existing cover looks OK - or am I missing something?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts