Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whoo hoo! yea..my 97 srad just hit the big 56! Ok, riding it around today, shift to first and leave the stoplight. the motor sounds like it was about to die out, as in not enogh gas or something. i havent changed the way i ride but that caught me off guard. next couple lights it does the same thing.. next light after that it dies out with the similar effect of not enough gas...

oh yea, how hot should the thing be running, temp gauge runs at around 225..226 or so most of the time or in traffic. fan comes on at 225. the hottest i seen the thing go was about 236. when im on highway cruising speed its about 180ish. at a stoplight about 210-220.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The temps seem alright except for the 236. That seems high. 56k is alot of miles congrats. The dieing out could be numerous things. How long has it been since you replaced the plugs? What about the fuel filter it could be clogged.That's where i would start anyway. Good luck

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh..i just had it fully serviced in april. i put on about 1.5k miles since then, plugs, oil, coolant replaced, and carbs cleaned

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
you coulkd still get or have dirt in fuel lines check your fuel system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts