Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
lt looks as though it flipped quite a few times,from the state of the bike you were damn lucky dude,it doesnt look like but will the bike see the road again?
hows the recovery going??
all the best man

[ 09-10-2002, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

·
Registered
461 Posts
did the frame get bent? or is it the camera angle?

a new subframe, some spit and polish, and that thing will be good as new.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as you can see from the new forward facing plate...the sub-frame is toast, and the seat-cowl and fender eliminator too. it is hard to say if the motor mounts got tested in the crash...but i will check someday. otherwise i'll be scrubbing a lot of grass and dirt out of those controls. i have plenty of oe parts to fix her up but i'll keep you posted if i need anything.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks like the bike did about as well as you did. Nothing that can't be fixed. If I have any spares your welcome to them, let me know.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
I wonder what you are typing with....

so how do you feel? I guess something like how a girl feels after a date with Mike Tyson

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have a set of forks from a 94 if yours are bent, Was going to use them but you need them more...and make sure that you save all the Ti the docs put in you...you could use it for fairing screws or something. Great to have you back and typing.
Bones

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
I wonder what you are typing with....

so how do you feel? I guess something like how a girl feels after a date with Mike Tyson
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my right hand...

...i can sit, a tyson date's "bottom" wouldn't allow that

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi as i'm off work after having an accident last night (not as bad as yours) i thought i'd play on the pc & sign up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Originally posted by micron boy:
Hi as i'm off work after having an accident last night (not as bad as yours) i thought i'd play on the pc & sign up.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What tail do you have on your bike? What year and how hard was it to install?

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His swingarm isn't stock either...but he does have the stock airbox??

I think I'll be ordering a new tail cowl and mids from Beasley Fiberglass...next spring. I have a NIB upper that I can get painted.

Welcome to the site.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to order the 'stock' solo seat fiberglass for the LTD seat cowl. The prices may go up by the time I get around to ordering but...

tail...$169
sides...$52 ea
upper...$109

I don't think they have a site...but their number is 1-800-745-5886

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Tim, How do the forks look? I have a set that I'll donate if you need them. PM me and let me know.
Bones

·
Banned
982 Posts
Man!I was Just fuckin with Ya..when I called You A Handi Cap!!

I hope You get better real soon,and fix that baby back up!

A little Bondo and It will be good as New!

As For You & Tyson?I'd take a broken collar bone anyday!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
That bike looks like a long winter project...might as well customize it how ever you want it.
Good Luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts