Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Best Time to Get Your Bike Dyno\'d????????

Hey guys, I'm just lookin for a little feedback. I've been doing my reading and havent found this question yet. I'm going to be grabbin myself an 06 gix6 close to after the first of the year. Obviously the first thing I'm investing in is a nice Yosh full exhaust. Along with this I'll be buying a Power Commander.

Question is, is OK to have the dealer toss the exhaust on, go pick it up and ride it straight over to the shop to have the PC put on and toss the bike up on the dyno to get everything adjusted? Or is this something that should all be done AFTER the bike has been broken in?

Thanks for any advice! I'm just mapping everything out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: The Best Time to Get Your Bike Dyno\'d????????

If you trust your mechanic, you can ask him to break the bike in on the dyno. When done, he can adjust your map for the pipe, etc..

That's what most of the serious racers do around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply Harp. Unfortunately I dont have a mechanic that I would trust as of yet to do something like break the bike in for me, i'd like to do the breaking in anyways

Would it be better for me to break the bike(all stock) in, and then have the full exhaust & PC put on at the time of getting it dyno'd?

Or would it be ok on the bike to have the exhaust put on before I ride it off the lot, break the bike in myself, and then down the road a bit have the shop put the PC on and dyno it for me?

Thanks again for the info. I guess at times I start thinkin to hard about what would be more beneficial to the bike as far as doing things in the right steps to avoid and complications and damage.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts

Here's what you do, because I can tell you're itching to have the top of the line exhaust on:

<ul type="square">[*] have the dealer put the exhaust on before you drive the bike away.[*]buy your own PC on teh web[*]install the PC3 yourself == it's just a simple plugin.[*] download the free map for your bike and exhaust from powercommander.com -- just choose the bike and mods that most closely resembles yours. It won't be perfect, but will probably give you 95% fuel optimization[*]break the bike in YOURSELF -- I'd never trust someone else with that task -- like asking someone to break in your WIFE for you. It's just not done, unless you want the parts all stretched out and saggy, with blisters on them , weeping sores.... you get the picture[*] after you've passed 600 miles, change the oil and filter , take some good rides, really get on it, THEN make an appointment for dyno time and a custom map[/list]

That's just my opinion. There's NO urgency to get your custom mapping -- there are about 100 free maps you can dowload and put on your bike -- they will work just fine until you break the bike in .<font color="yellow">CLICK HERE</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts

for the most power, install everything right out of the crate. so you have your full exhaust and the correct map installed before you have 1 km on the bike. Take the bike to the dyno, and wring the sh*t out of it. this will ensure 100 % perfect ring sealing and tons of juice. change the oil after the dyno or 20 km, and continue to ride it hard for another couple hundred and change the oil again.

P.S this is just what i would do, im sure many people will see this as a bad thing, oh yeah wind up the bike slowly once or twice through the rev range to get the burrs off the gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts