Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Good write up, but, damnit man, get rid of the lime green text. Burned the words in to my retinas. I've not had to redo the fork seals on my current bike, but did do it back in the day on my 96 750. A writeup this informative would have helped. Thanks for finding/sharing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldnt read yellow either. didnt even try and pics were gone. I want to do this to my bike cuz it needs it, any info on finding this detailed write woudl be appreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also got it off Busa site. Anybody know torque specs and oil fill levels for K6-1000? I may attempt this soon like within the week. Gotta make tool and get seals and oil...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: The Best Fork Seal Write Up Ever!!! (PLEASE STICKY THIS)

guys i have found it...finally a step by step guide on exactly HOW to change fork seals on our bikes (other than the manual) this is a step by step picture guide a guy did on some K5 forks 1000...he even SHOWS YOU HOW TO MAKE THE SPECIAL TOOLS!!! anyway I thought that this was worth a new thread and i think should be stickied..here ya go boys!

The following writeup was originally posted on Hayabusa.org by Cat3...thanks man!
awesome

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a brilliant write up very helpful, but why not use a tyre lever to prise out the seal, (try to get a reasonably thin one), theres no chance of scratching the inside of the fork It makes it loads easier to prise out the seal as it doesn't cause the seal to mishape on its way out if its a tight 'un!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a question? With this being a sticky and all.... is there anyway we can get the pictures back up?? It looks so informative, but as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, so considering there were like 50 pictures... or so, thats like 50000+ words just gone.... and it looked like a great write up, that i would be soon eager to attempt...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just printed this. Looks like a great write up. Still need some info on oil grade and quantity for my 2003. For those wanting pics just download the pdf they are in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used the pdf printout along with the service manual, to do my k8 750 forks, first fork was a little intimidating, but once we got to the second one, it was a lot easier. Cant believe this job intimidated me for so long.
Quick tip- make sure you loosen all the adjusters and take notes on what you did, and make sure to remember if youre counting full revolutions or twist of your hand as one turn.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts