Anything goes for me
3,909 Posts
and they say OU fans are arrogant loudmouths...:rolleyes

:cheers

regardless who won, it was a good game.

·
Anything goes for me
3,909 Posts
Yeah it was. I would have liked to see Bradford play the whole game but I knew they were bringing him back to early. I'm betting he'll be out for the rest of the season now.

Did you watch the florida/arkansas game? That was a damn good game as well.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it was. I would have liked to see Bradford play the whole game but I knew they were bringing him back to early. I'm betting he'll be out for the rest of the season now.

Did you watch the florida/arkansas game? That was a damn good game as well.

That did suck. Anytime there is somebody that gets hurt, I hate to see that.
Nope, I didn't see it, left to go to my daughter's soccer game.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Funny how all the Texas fans say OU sucks and their beloved Longhorns BARELY squeaked out a win even after OU's Heisman hopeful QB went down early in the game with a shoulder injury. Doesn't say much for Texas IMO. Not too much to gloat about and you Texas fans should learn a little tact and sportsmanship.

·
Shaved Leg Hippie
124,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's all in fun. And like I said before, it really sucked that Bradford went down like that.

·
Anything goes for me
3,909 Posts
Funny how all the Texas fans say OU sucks and their beloved Longhorns BARELY squeaked out a win even after OU's Heisman hopeful QB went down early in the game with a shoulder injury. Doesn't say much for Texas IMO. Not too much to gloat about and you Texas fans should learn a little tact and sportsmanship.
hit the nail on the head right there..

and Heisman hopeful? he won it last year....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
and Heisman hopeful? he won it last year....
Just because he won it last year doesn't make him a hopeful to win it again this year. In fact there were a lot of people saying he might actually win making it two in a row. It would have been REAL tough considering how picky voters would have been just like voters of other awards not wanting to make certain people first ballot or unanimous just because of what it says. It's all political but he had just as good of an opportunity at the start of the season as the other few in the talks. Point is he was the heart and soul of that team and w/o him Texas should have destroyed them. They didn't. They barely pulled of a win and IMO that's nothing to brag about when you're ranked so highly.

·
Registered
515 Posts
im no texas fan either but i would much rather see OU lose game after game any day of the week doesn't matter who beats them.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
im no texas fan either but i would much rather see OU lose game after game any day of the week doesn't matter who beats them.
Being from Nebraska I have the same feelings about CU (Colorado Puffalos) so I can understand that feeling. My two favorite college teams are the Huskers and whoever plays the puffalos that weekend.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
And now you live in CO
Yeah but not in the People's Republic of Boulder. I live near CSU and the Rams are cool plus there's a rivalry there too so it works out pretty good actually. Rams fans as well as Husker fans have something in common... we can't stand CU. :punk

·
Anything goes for me
3,909 Posts
Just because he won it last year doesn't make him a hopeful to win it again this year. In fact there were a lot of people saying he might actually win making it two in a row. It would have been REAL tough considering how picky voters would have been just like voters of other awards not wanting to make certain people first ballot or unanimous just because of what it says. It's all political but he had just as good of an opportunity at the start of the season as the other few in the talks. Point is he was the heart and soul of that team and w/o him Texas should have destroyed them. They didn't. They barely pulled of a win and IMO that's nothing to brag about when you're ranked so highly.
That's not my point. I don't think he's even a hopeful this year what with his injuries and missing these games. I am a BIG OU fan. always have been, even when they suck ass and I always will be. No particular reason other than that OK is where my family is from and where my roots are (I'm Choctaw Indian)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
That's not my point. I don't think he's even a hopeful this year what with his injuries and missing these games. I am a BIG OU fan. always have been, even when they suck ass and I always will be. No particular reason other than that OK is where my family is from and where my roots are (I'm Choctaw Indian)
You seem to have missed that I was speaking from the standpoint of the beginning of the season. He WAS a Heisman hopeful. No way in hell will it happen now but the point is that they played a team that was playing w/o their best player which also happened to be their QB. Not too many teams at the collegiate level can lose their starting QB mid game and go on the beat a team ranked much higher than them. They were supposed to win that game so to gloat about something that should have happened seems silly. Especially when you factor in how close of a game it actually was.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts