Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance this past weekend to trade up my 05 Gsxr 1K for a ZX-10R for some riding in Hawks Nest. For those of you not familiar with North east NJ, its whare they filmed some of the old BMW commercials, serious back to back twisty Ringing out 2nd gear. Bottom line i was very impressed with the Kawi, i thought it would pull a little harder on top, Gsxr has it beat their. Whare it had the Gsxr beat in my book was how comfortable i felt on the Zx-10, the suspension flawless, the bike did everything i wanted and more. It made me think i have allot more work to do in order to get my bike to give me that kind of feedback. Second the bike would come up in every gear, my bike does that, but not in the same way. Overall, kawi really has a nice bike just wanted to compliment kawi for there good work and hopefully i will see one of them on Pocano FUSA track on the 23rd of June to see how they are in stretching their legs on the NASCAR back straight. I think they Gsxr will pull it out no problem, but the kawi in the right hands is a serious weapon, so are all of the big bikes, but the Kawi & Gsxr are in a class of their own in my book. If anyone gets the chance throw a leg over don’t be a loyal brand NaZiii. Experiance what the market has to offer.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm brand loyal no-matter what but you do have to give it to kawi it's a nice bike but I'll stick with my gixxer.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
well thess days... any sport bike you pick ure prolly gonna love it because they are all so good! but personally i think zx-10r is one of the ugliest sport bikes... the 05 zx-6r looks pretty damn good tho

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I really dislike that air scoop on the kawi. That and the LCD tach made me stay clear. Other than that it looks sweet. The numbers on the bike are sweet to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Test Ride 05 Gsxr k1 & ZX-10R

Dude i agree with u i own the zx10 and just bought a 05Gixxer and to me the only two things the Kaw has over the Gixxer is the rear shock and the comfort. As far as power i like the way the Gixxer responds.The Gixxer is to me the best Gixxer made,I traded n my 03 Gixxer Grand for the ZX10. the 03 was no competition to the zx10 or the 05 Gixxer. But i do give credit where its due the zx10 is a nice weapon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had a chance this past weekend to trade up my 05 Gsxr 1K for a ZX-10R for some riding in Hawks Nest. For those of you not familiar with North east NJ, its whare they filmed some of the old BMW commercials, serious back to back twisty Ringing out 2nd gear. Bottom line i was very impressed with the Kawi, i thought it would pull a little harder on top, Gsxr has it beat their. Whare it had the Gsxr beat in my book was how comfortable i felt on the Zx-10, the suspension flawless, the bike did everything i wanted and more. It made me think i have allot more work to do in order to get my bike to give me that kind of feedback. Second the bike would come up in every gear, my bike does that, but not in the same way. Overall, kawi really has a nice bike just wanted to compliment kawi for there good work and hopefully i will see one of them on Pocano FUSA track on the 23rd of June to see how they are in stretching their legs on the NASCAR back straight. I think they Gsxr will pull it out no problem, but the kawi in the right hands is a serious weapon, so are all of the big bikes, but the Kawi & Gsxr are in a class of their own in my book. If anyone gets the chance throw a leg over don’t be a loyal brand NaZiii. Experiance what the market has to offer.
Nice to see someone open-minded.
All the liter bikes are so close, especially the K5 and the 10. Most real world dyno #'s I've seen have shown them within 2-3 hp of each other with the 10 coming out on top half the time and the K5 winning the other half. As far as handling, I think it is up to the rider. I haven't rode a K5 yet so I can't really say which I prefer, but I do like how the 10 behaves now that I have it sort of dialed in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: Test Ride 05 Gsxr k1 & ZX-10R

Dude i agree with u i own the zx10 and just bought a 05Gixxer and to me the only two things the Kaw has over the Gixxer is the rear shock and the comfort. As far as power i like the way the Gixxer responds.The Gixxer is to me the best Gixxer made,I traded n my 03 Gixxer Grand for the ZX10. the 03 was no competition to the zx10 or the 05 Gixxer. But i do give credit where its due the zx10 is a nice weapon.
With you owning both bikes...what areas do you believe Suzuki will address with the Gixxer 1000 next year? Kawaski has a history of not updating as often as the other big 3 manufacturers (excluding the ZX-6R & RR), so I wonder what if anything will be done to the 10R next year. Any input would be great. I am really torn between which I should get my hands on.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Sorry ZX fans you've lost out this year, maybe you'll have something to offer next year. The GSX-R is the better machine always has been really, since it's not always about horsepower. The ZX hasn't much to offer in 05 compared to the new GSX-R since the Zuke beats the Kwack in all aspects. It is simply that much better of a sport machine, just an opinion of course.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Sorry ZX fans you've lost out this year, maybe you'll have something to offer next year. The GSX-R is the better machine always has been really, since it's not always about horsepower. The ZX hasn't much to offer in 05 compared to the new GSX-R since the Zuke beats the Kwack in all aspects. It is simply that much better of a sport machine, just an opinion of course.
Hasn't much to offer? Surely you must be jerking off to pictures of your bike while you write this nonsense. I don't chime in too much here and I like the 05 Gixxer but you seem like the absolute KING of the 10R haters! Did a guy who rode a 10R beat you in a roll-on? Did your girl run off with a guy who rode one? The Gixxer is a GREAT bike but....
I think if the 06 10R had 205 RWHP weighed 200 lbs wet and Mat Mladin switched to ride one you would still bash it....so WTF?

All aspects??

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Hasn't much to offer? Surely you must be jerking off to pictures of your bike while you write this nonsense. I don't chime in too much here and I like the 05 Gixxer but you seem like the absolute KING of the 10R haters! Did a guy who rode a 10R beat you in a roll-on? Did your girl run off with a guy who rode one? The Gixxer is a GREAT bike but....
I think if the 06 10R had 205 RWHP weighed 200 lbs wet and Mat Mladin switched to ride one you would still bash it....so WTF?

All aspects??
Better luck next year junior. GSX-R is King.

·
Registered
493 Posts

stop taking the
- they are all great

i cant wait for the KTM v twin to materialise
sure does look cool and able

·
Banned
41 Posts

All aspects??
OK, time to switch hands now playboy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
that "shockinglyfast750" guy is an ignorant jackass and should be ignored and/or banned. obviously has some personal issues to sort out.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
that "shockinglyfast750" guy is an ignorant jackass and should be ignored and/or banned. obviously has some personal issues to sort out.
Hey your more than welcome to ignore me, it won't hurt my feelings. Still doesn't change the fact that the GSX-R is the best damn sportbike ever built!

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

All aspects??
OK, time to switch hands now playboy!

·
Registered
493 Posts
i reckon in maybe the next 3 to 5 years - all sporst bikes will come with magnesium wheels as standard in their quest to lose weight

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love my K5, i have ridden an 04 ZX10 and I owned a 94 ZX9...

I am happy with my purchase, i love the look, the power, the sound and the feel.. for me it had it all and for the money you cant beat it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any drag racers n tha so.Ms, Ala, La,& north Fla area? Get Paid Racing awaits all challengers (IF U HAVE A REAL STREET BIKE.......not sum big bore trailor queen !!!!!!!!!!!!! )

1 - 20 of 25 Posts