Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering when you go to buy a new bike, how do u test drive it. do they wheel it off the showroom floor for you to test or do they have a bike already broke in and just for that. thanks. <font color="yellow"> </font>

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Most dealerships will not let you test a new bike...too big of liability especially if you have never ridden before.

One of the parts guys at my dealership let me ride his 04 6 with only 600 miles. Two days later I had a new one.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
alot of dealers will have a bike or two (or more) as a demo....
they will let you take it out for a spin, but not without a motorcycle license

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
alot of dealers will have a bike or two (or more) as a demo....
they will let you take it out for a spin, but not without a motorcycle license
+1

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Some dealerships do test ride days. They take a Saturday and park 'em all out in the parking lot. You bring your license and your own gear, and they head out for group rides. Was in picking some parts up last weekend and they were having one that day. I noticed all the sportbikes were gone, and the cruisers were sitting there being ignored. After I left the dealer, I passed them all coming back in. Tempting to try out the new gixxers and 'busa, but then I'd have to buy one.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
yup.. some (not a lot) dealership will let you do this test riding. You basically need to know your stuff about motorcycle in order for them to let you take it out for a spin.

But other way to doing a test ride is to attend the motorcycle annual show they hold near your area. (that is like waiting for a special day to come and checking out what is coming to the market for the next year or months.)

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
MV and Ducati dealers have no problem with letting you test ride. I walked into Pro Italia and was riding a MV Agusta 1000 ten minutes later. Only thing required was a motorcycle license. They had a demo bike for almost every model that they sold. I was gonna jump on the Duc 999s next but I was in a hurry that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.