Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any advice on bringing the Temperature down??
other than changing of coolant..Motul or Engine ice???
heard that the thermo blah blah blah<<can't really catch what that sales man says.. can be remove.
sorry i have no idea whats that thermo stuff.and what diff after removing it.
anyone removed it...if you know what i'm sayin...hahaha.
pics will be appreciated.Thanks!
thermo SET??
thermo STAT???
thermo START??
Thermo... what ??

·
Banned
952 Posts
bring it down to what? are you running too hot? in the summer, engine temps of 215-220 arent out of the norm. as long as the fan comes on and things dont get too hot, youre fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
opp....forgot to mention...it's summer here throughout the year..plus Riding with temp hitting 105 degree C' Sucks for my Dick.does changing of coolant make any diff...or any idea on the thermo stuff which can be remove?

·
Registered
246 Posts
i live in texas the bike gets pretty hot pretty quick but once its goes over 220 to about 224 the fan kicks on and cools it off. I assume this is pretty normal in hot weather

·
Registered
169 Posts
my bike runs in the 200's when it's around 90 degrees outside, and anything under 80 degrees it sits right at 181temp wise. So I'm pretty sure it's normal. As long as it doesn't exceed 220's your good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my bike runs in the 200's when it's around 90 degrees outside, and anything under 80 degrees it sits right at 181temp wise. So I'm pretty sure it's normal. As long as it doesn't exceed 220's your good.
+1

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i use a race collant called cool-aid

anyhow, it was 118 on the track today. But guess what u'll still be hotter because you probably sitting around town. You have to get out and ride the thing, and then she'll cool down. Cruising through traffic all day, sorry but you can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Engine ice will do a pretty good job. should bring it down about 15-20.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts