Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to do the sprocket conversion, 15/48, 1 down in front and 3 up in back, to bring the gear ratio to 3.2. Any comments?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ha top speed will be fine. How often do you run 130 or 140? Unless your on a huge track like texas world speedway you won't even notice it. I'm assuming your on a 6. You might get a few more mph's on a little bigger bike. I had -1 +2, i never had a complaint about top speed.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ha top speed will be fine. How often do you run 130 or 140? Unless your on a huge track like texas world speedway you won't even notice it. I'm assuming your on a 6. You might get a few more mph's on a little bigger bike. I had -1 +2, i never had a complaint about top speed.
I have a quick question, if i change the rear sproket will that stuff up the speedo?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
yeah your speedo wont be accurate if you change the rear sprocket. You can purchase a "speedo healer" to solve that though. I honestly dont know too much info on that but I just figured I would help you out the little bit that I can.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
hmm ya i know the speedo is linked to your front sprocket, but when your front sprocket now makes one rotation, the rear will make 1.5 rotations. Instead of b4 1 and 1. So i would assume its just going to be off reguardless. I've yet to ever correct any of the 3 bikes i had geared. you just ride her and watch the tach for when to shift. you get used to what speeds are actcually what speed on the road.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Get the Speedo Healer. Why have more miles on your bike than you have actually ridden.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats pretty good... Speedo will be off a lil tho..

Im bout to go -1 + 10
One of our local stunters just bought a 01 Honda 929RR off one of the Racing 905 boys, and it's got a -2 +15.
It's all braced and rigged up. But from what I saw of some video's the guy owned the no handed sitdowns.

On topic--
I just upgraded the front to a -1 and it completely woke the bike up. Down the road I'll upgrade the rear sprocket, probably when I need a new chain anyways. I just can't bring myself to spend the money for a new chain, when I've got a perfectly good one on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts