Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tode by several people that a PC III is light years behind the TEKA BoX. IS THIS TRUE? They say that a ucstom map on the, TEKA Box will give you more power than a custom map on a PC III, on the same bike, same setup, same time ,same dyno and easier to tune. What do you guys think?

Thanks

ONE

·
Registered
449 Posts
don't know i have not heard of the teka system. call yosh and ask them if they use dyno jet or do they remap the ecu's that they use. i know they don't use the stock ecu, do you see were im going with this. i once heard that remapping the stock ecu has substantial benefits but i don't remember them all

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
http://www.factorypro.com/

You can get real smart on what Marc Salvisberg at Factory Pro thinks at this link. Click on "TEKA SFI" and read away. Big picture, the Power Commander modifies the ECU signal on it's way to the injectors. The PC box itself is installed on the bike. The TEKA plugs into the Suzuki wiring harness somehow and allows you to modify the factory's fuel injection map, then unplug it and leave nothing on the bike.

I have no basis to know the pros and cons of either system. There's a lot of information on the Factory Pro website, but he's so over-the-top frantic to talk down his competition, it makes me wonder if he's not trying too hard to convince you he's just as good as the other guys.

Just to add a degree of difficulty, here's another type of tuning method from Mark Dobek, the founder of DynoJet. Lots of good info there, too.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know where i can buy a teka programmer? I've called both the #'s on the website and cant get anyone to answer. I want to buy one and i'll do some testing so i can let everyone know if it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
the TEKA is better, I have thrown a PC on my roof before because it was garbage! another option is to go with the Yoshimura EMS or Yosh Box...

·
Registered
25 Posts
the resultant map that yr bike eventually uses is only as good as its tuner. if u've got access to a competant tuner using either Teka or PC, it doesn't really matter which is chosen over the other.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I was looking through the Factory Pro's Teka website and there is a page on tuning procedure. The way they described it. You can only tune for 5 throttle positions.

From my understanding, an ECU fuel map is made up of both throttle position & RPM.
Does this means for each of the throttle position, Teka tune the entire RPM range?

I'm confused on this point.
Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts