Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any advantage in getting a Power Commander over having a Teka tune done? I've got the pipe I want and don't really plan on any other preformance mods, I'm just wondering what the advantages are on having a Power Commander other than being able to change settings later down the road?

·
Registered
637 Posts
that is pretty much it, if you want to change anything, to get the most out of it you have to adjust the computer. now it is true a power commander wont have the best power, due to elevation, humidity etc, but is is good for a variety of engine changes, do the teka 2 times and you have paid for the power commander

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had both. I have had the TEKA with a professional tune on my 2001 GSXR 1000. I loved it, it ran great. I had the TEKA on my 2004 GSXR 600, loved it and it was great too. BUT just last week I got rid of the TEKA map and went back to the Power Comander with a custom map for my 600. I only gained 1.75 rwhp up top but I gained over 5hp through out my midrange. My air fuel mixture is spot on now too. The TEKA on both bikes ran rich down low and as a result my bike bogged a little at the very bottom of the rpm range.

The TEKA is basically only adjustable in three ranges: low, medium and high. The PCIII can be adjusted every 250 rpms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts