Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bobbychet mentioned an anti-wheelie device on a 94 1100. Not that I intend to wheelie it, but I'd like the extra power in 1st. So, the question, where is it, and how do I disable it?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grr, no such luck on the search....

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Damn...... looks like the Mod culled a little more out than he should have. Ok one of you 1100 guys pop on here and help Dave out!!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
sumthin to do with the wire ran with the neutral switch i believe....
DAMN... cant... think....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
see... thats what you get for talking Bobby.
GOSH!! jk.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Yeah Chris I was telling Dave about the wheelie wire that it wasn't a fable,maybe it's better he doesn't know he might get into trouble.Hey Dave Fastcat has a rear brake pedal but it's for an older GSXR(has a remote reservoir) she says we can try it to see if it'll fit or not.
Bobbychet

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Shit, I forget the wire colour. While it exists on ALL 1993/94 GSXR1100s, its only activated on the USA market bikes. It sets the advance to zero degrees in first gear. My backups are duff, so I can't find the little blurb I saved with the wire colour.

FastCat, HELP !!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bobbychet, thanks for talking with Fastcat, we'll have to set up a time to get over there and check it out. All else, thanks, keep rubbing those brain cells together, the answer will pop up!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
This anti-wheelie device retards the ignition in first gear.Its been about 10 years since I disabled mine on my 94 1100 but here is what I did.Trace the wire coming from the tranny by the countershaft sprocket it is routed up the left hand side of the bike up by the seat and plugs into a 2 plug molex type plug,one of these two wires is for your neutral light on your dash the other is what you are looking for.these wires have small clips on the back of them so you can remove them from the plug without cutting them,its a bitch but its the way to go,this is much easier to do if the rear plastic section is removed.Idont remember what color the wires were I think it was whitw with a red tracer but if you remove one wire and your neutral goes out you picked the wrong one.I'll post again later today with the right color codes,oh yeah from what motorcyclist magazine said "it will cut half a second off your quarter mile time and cause dreadful power wheelies....peace

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This anti-wheelie device retards the ignition in first gear.Its been about 10 years since I disabled mine on my 94 1100 but here is what I did.Trace the wire coming from the tranny by the countershaft sprocket it is routed up the left hand side of the bike up by the seat and plugs into a 2 plug molex type plug,one of these two wires is for your neutral light on your dash the other is what you are looking for.these wires have small clips on the back of them so you can remove them from the plug without cutting them,its a bitch but its the way to go,this is much easier to do if the rear plastic section is removed.Idont remember what color the wires were I think it was whitw with a red tracer but if you remove one wire and your neutral goes out you picked the wrong one.I'll post again later today with the right color codes,oh yeah from what motorcyclist magazine said "it will cut half a second off your quarter mile time and cause dreadful power wheelies....peace
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Dave,hope you made out ok,I haven't had time to get into the garage today,my youngest son is sick,I'll do my best to get those wire colors to you by tomorrow night,sorry about that.....Dave.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave,hope you made out ok,I haven't had time to get into the garage today,my youngest son is sick,I'll do my best to get those wire colors to you by tomorrow night,sorry about that.....Dave.
Pretty sure I narrowed it down, to red/black stripe, from the neutral switch, but the switch is covered by the front sproket cover, and it looks like you have to remove the hydraulic line from the clutch to get the cover off. I just don't know if it is worth the hassle of having to blead out the system...especially if I get the wire color wrong and have to do it again....

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Dave you'll just have to remove the allen bolts to get in there,shouldn't have to take off the Hydraulic line. I'll find the rest of those bolts (4) for the clip-ons.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll give it a shot tonight...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts