Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what kind of performance I should get out of my 92 gixxer with stage 3 jet kit, full yoshi pipe, k&n filters and droped 1 tooth in the front. I can run with most of the newer 750 suzukis and can beat alot of the kaws I ride with .Should i be happy with that or should i be looking to findmore out or it . when I say run with the outher bikes i meanon the twisti roads of N.H.

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Just my opinion, but since you didn't mention any suspension mods, I'd think long and hard about doing your shock and front end. You've got the power to lay down, now what you need is to update what the power has to go through to get to the ground. Nice bike whatever you do

·
Registered
434 Posts
I fully agree with BCjohn update the forks with gold valves , lindeman, etc and get the ride height and SAG set correctly for your weight which will probably mean new springs also synth fork oil helps a lot. Ditto for the back and you too will have an awesome bike for a lot less than a new beast.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The suspension is the next step. in a "normal" street bike that is what is neglected the most. We all strive for more power but than wonder why the new bikes are dusting us. If you go to Race Techs website you can enter in your data weight riding style, bikes weight (have it weighed, Don't go by Suzuki's Dry weight) and they will give you the required springs, gold valves for the front and stock rear shock and even sugest preload and rebound and sag settings. You will be suprized what you could do for under 500.00. Than dont forget the brakes, pick up a set of six piston calipers and good pads SS lines, the rotors are all 310mm on our 88-95 750's and 89-97 1100's.
Bones

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'd say if you can get a heavy beast of a 92 750 to keep up with the newer ones. your doing pretty darn good on your own.

dry weights
92 750: 459lbs
93-96: 438lbs
96-99: 395lbs
2k-up: 366lbs

plus add in the stock rwhp is increased as the bikes got newer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what more can i do to get more horse powerout of my gix I dont want to spend a tun of money so I want the most bang for the buck. iv had it for 3 years and i realy like the older style partly becouse i dont see alot of them around hereand i think they look better any way . just so you know it has about 20K on the clock should i be preparing for any problems with that many miles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.