Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an K8 with 9,000 miles and a taylor made exhaust installed, which was perfect for me because I wanted one anyway. I have read so much on the forums about quality issues with that exhaust and to not get it. At first, I was very very happy with it when I got the bike, but soon after I realized the exhaust clamp broke and in my effort to replace it, the 02 sensor bung broke off. The entire unit appear to be brittle. I decided to contact taylor made and I spoke to a wonderful rep, Jackie, and then eventually Mr. Taylor himself. They agree to send me a loaner exhaust and to send mine back for inspection. The conclusion was that it was an very old version, their first version for that bike (probably bought in 08 or 09, and they refurbished it completely for $100. I was extremely happy about this because I felt they were under no obligation to do anything (I was the second owner and the exhaust was very old).

I am so happy with this exhaust and with this experience. They were amazing and I just wanted to share this story.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Good to hear they stand by their products... Hopefully their QC improves and they can become a reputable brand!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That is good to hear about refurbishing their product. However,no exhaust should ever need to be refurbished. But glad it worked out for you.
All black K8 is one of my favorite bikes:thumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Whippet
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing