Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
17,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son & I went to a local gun show a few weeks ago, he was looking for his first ccw. (lives in Pa.)
He fell in love with the Taurus G2c, it was compact, fit well in his hand and was relatively inexpensive.
I know there are gun-snobs who turn their nose up at Taurus products. But although I personally have never owned a Taurus firearm,
it got some good reviews so I told him to go for it.
The seller threw in a few extras & gave him a great overall price. Along with the (2) mags, he got an IWB holster & a small
safe, all for $240. We went out to the range on Saturday and out 250 rds. thru it, not a single failure. He had put 200+ thru
it previously and he hasn't had any issues, even using cheap range ammo.

So it anyone is looking for a low-priced-decent ccw, or maybe a quality back-up weapon should look for a G2c.
If you shop around, you could probably pick one up for around $200.

https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/pistols/g2c/

Attachments

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
I'd say truthfully the Taurus is better than the SA and maybe right under a Glock ( I don't prefer Glocks I'm a Sig guy). As for the SA I CANNOT deal with the back-strap safety on these things I think its a major design flaw.

·
17,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say truthfully the Taurus is better than the SA and maybe right under a Glock ( I don't prefer Glocks I'm a Sig guy). As for the SA I CANNOT deal with the back-strap safety on these things I think its a major design flaw.
I am definitely not a fan of the back strap safety, especially for a carry weapon.
Due to the fact if you've been injured, you may not be able to fire your weapon.
I only have the SA because it was a gift from the family of a coworker, who killed in the line of duty.

I'm a Glock guy, carried a 21 on duty for years, never once failed me when I needed it..:cheers

·
Super Moderator
15,148 Posts
I am definitely not a fan of the back strap safety, especially for a carry weapon.
Due to the fact if you've been injured, you may not be able to fire your weapon.
I only have the SA because it was a gift from the family of a coworker, who killed in the line of duty.

I'm a Glock guy, carried a 21 on duty for years, never once failed me when I needed it..:cheers
Same. I remember the NJSP used to carry H&K's with that set up. Shot it a few times at the range. Wasn't a fan. No idea what they carry now, that was a while ago.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts

I can totally respect that :cheers never been one for the aesthetics or ergonomics. They have been at the top of reliability for years but now Sig is giving them a run for their money especially with them getting the Army contract last year. My everyday carry is the P320 and I LOVE it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts