1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
I haven't seen 28 gauge shells in decades, might be a bit hard finding ammo. It's hard enough to find 10 & 16 gauge shells can't imagine hunting up 28 gauge. I would pass.

$.02

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Companies will start making them again just for this pistol. Just like they produce special ammo for the judge.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Companies will start making them again just for this pistol. Just like they produce special ammo for the judge.
The Judge shoots 45 Colt & 410 which is pretty common still. Not as common as 12 or 20, but still available at Wal-Mart....And I know there are more sources than Wal-Mart. finding specialty ammo sucks and is expensive. Just try to find a good price on 10mm or any cowboy load. :rolleyes2

$.02

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
The Judge shoots 45 Colt & 410 which is pretty common still. Not as common as 12 or 20, but still available at Wal-Mart....And I know there are more sources than Wal-Mart. finding specialty ammo sucks and is expensive. Just try to find a good price on 10mm or any cowboy load. :rolleyes2

$.02

Actually I found some 10mm for about the same price as .45acp online not too long ago.

I'm also ordering up some 10mm once fired brass right now for less than 10 cents a piece. That should keep me in reloads for a while.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Wow good deal Chelly (Didn't use to be Duke :scratch) Every time I find 10mm, it's like finding gold and the price often reflects it :shifty. Someday I'll end up getting a press, but until then I keep saving the brass.:cool

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Wow good deal Chelly (Didn't use to be Duke :scratch) Every time I find 10mm, it's like finding gold and the price often reflects it :shifty. Someday I'll end up getting a press, but until then I keep saving the brass.:cool
It should be, but that's where it gets you to taunt mods and their girlfriends :lmao

I may just be selling some of that 10mm off. I'm pretty new to 10mm, but it seems to be pretty weak, I guess it's the "FBI Special" loading I've read about.

If I only wanted the power of a .40, I would've bought a .40.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
What a joke. Just like the Judge, a waste of money.
I wouldn't call it a total waste of money, but it's more of a toy than a practical piece.

I'm not one to bash on toys that are less than practical, and I think that anyone that's fond of sportbikes is wise to be the same way, lest they be considered a hypocrite.

:kettlepot

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Looks like BATFE isn't going to let it fly as a pistol.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/01/25/big-gun-short-lived-taurus-28-gauge-revolver/

Big gun, Short lived. Taurus 28 Gauge Revolver.
On Friday night Michael Bane told me that BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun.

Guns America removed a blog post about the pistol (H/T: TruthAboutGuns) and replaced it with the following text...

Editor Note: Taurus has removed this firearm from their booth and has elected to not make it at this time. The rifle version will be available through Rossi at some point.

Taurus USA imports their pistols from the Taurus factory in Brazil. If they were imported the sample 28 gauge SBS and specified in the US Customs / BATFE paperwork that is was a pistol, they could be in trouble.

I contacted the Taurus PR but I have not yet received a reply.
^ that means it's a title ii firearm and all NFA rules apply ($5 tax stamp for AOW and other hoops depending on whether or not you get it as an individual or trust)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts