Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone! I believe this has been touched upon here in the last few days, but I can't find the thread and am at work and shouldn't be here foolin around ( shhhhhh....)

But, I am wanting to get some clear tank protection system (3M or equivalent) that mainly goes on the side of the tank where our knees tuck in. The bike is black, and I'm beginning to see the usual fine scratches where my riding pants and knees make contact with this area of the tank. And I'm beginning to sit further back from the tank to avoid making more scratches, and it's compromising my riding, which I don't obviously want. I want to save the tank paint!!! Links/Suppliers??

Jeff

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I just received and put on my Tankslapper for my K5 last night. I ordered the full bike protection one. So far I've put on the ones that go on the sides of the tank, the top of the tank and one that goes on front of the seat cowl that faces your butt.

It was actually quite easy considering. The one that goes onto the top of the tank was the most difficult one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gents!!!!

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
For the budget conscious, that film is available from a screenprinter supplier. It's the stuff used to make those non-adhesive decals that go on the inside of a window. At first I was skeptical it would stay on, but after a year I'm convinced it's the way to go. You need to wet the surface before application and squeegee it on. Then it's invisible and stays on virtually forever. The Slapper guy is a local here and does good work, so if you like your shit pre-cut, he's the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.