Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
your front seat i assume??? there is 2 6mm allen bolts under each side of the front seat at the rear. pull up the rear corners of the seat and u will see them down below. u will need a ratchet with a 6mm allen and an extension to get at it easier. or u can use the 6mm from your toll kit which is a lil more difficult but will do the trick. its simple..2 bolts and pull it on up from the rear and its free.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
theres a british gixxer.com'er i think it's ninj 750 that does the quick release pins for $15 + p&p.

do a searck for 'quick release pins' and you should find him.

or send him an e'mail [email protected]

i know this cuz i wanted some more for a mate and was gonna get some until i broke the bike.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i got the quik pins (very much the same as ninj750's version) from sargeant cycle and am verry happy with em. i now jus have to fuss with my topmount dampner instead of the seat everytime i pull/lift the tank........

good tradeoff IMO

scott

·
Registered
781 Posts
I bought the pins from Sargeant cycle but can't be arsed to drill the threads out. So the pins are sitting somewhere in their original packing and the seat is tied with two nylon zip ties. Bloody easy job. No need for spanners etc. I just flick open my swiss army knife and cut the nylon ties each time I have to lift the seat. Replace it with new ones at the end of work and snap off the ends. Bingo! this is cheaper (I get these ties for free at work, there are literally piles of them lying around) and it is more secure than quick release pins.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
jus use a ¼" drillbit....its the easiest thing youll get to drill on the bike. I did it in seconds (really)

after a quick drill, the pins slot in perfectly too..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts