Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gona take my bike out of storage soon. I changed the oil and filter before I put it in storage. I also pulled the battery. Should I change the oil again or is it ok. I didnt drive it when I changed the oil before storage. All fresh. any other suggestions before I bring the beast back 2 life?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Im gona take my bike out of storage soon. I changed the oil and filter before I put it in storage. I also pulled the battery. Should I change the oil again or is it ok. I didnt drive it when I changed the oil before storage. All fresh. any other suggestions before I bring the beast back 2 life?
It is always good advice to change the oil after storage as well, if you have a filter and oil on hand but I have been only changing mine prior to storage for the past several yrs with no problems. Like a lot of others, it seems that when I take the bike out to go for my first ride of the year I'm just so anxious to ride that I don't wanna lose the whole day doing extra prep work.

Also, don't forget to check those tire pressures b4 the ride! They can lose 1-2psi/month while in storage. Check the chain for looseness or signs of rust and give it a shot of lube, if necessary.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes change the oil, after the temp rising and cooling over winter, the oil can develop condensation. Especially if you start your bike at all during the winter.

SCott

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where do you guys reccomend I buy oil? cheapest place? Online?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I know alot of people dont agree with me on this, but I buy my oil from the dealership the suzuki oil and suzuki fillter, so just in case i have engine trouble and they try to say its not covered under warranty, I have reciepts and shit proving that I use Suzuki genuine oil and filter. But if you dont want to go that route, just go to autozone, get some 10w-40 oil, and a matching fram filter.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts