Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it, and what is involed in fitting tails from newer bikes, ie SRADs onto early ninties gixxers, I saw one with a Duc tail, is it a major project to fit these bad boys? Thanks very much

------------------
Gotta CB750, wanna a '90 Gsxr 1100 BAD!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I'm in the process of fitting an SRAD solo tail to my 88 750. The seat was shipped today. So I'll start glassig and a second dummy fit in a week or two. And yes.. I've fully photographed it. I'll post complete specs on it soon. http://24.113.193.215/bike/bike.htm
------------------
keep it rubber side down....

[This message has been edited by cosworth (edited 06-20-2001).]

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have fitted 4 oil cooled bikes with srad tails. No cutting of stock tail ( little trimming) I used a bolt on sub That I fabricated . It is strong enough to carry a passenger. If your interester I can get you all details or sell a sub frame to you.

Pete

------------------

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I have a glass SRAD tail that will bolt to the existing subframe... but will be a solo tail only. The previous setup and Benjamin's Duc tail are probably more functional for having passengers etc. Mine is cheap and easy but no passenger or cargo option.

------------------
keep it rubber side down....

[This message has been edited by cosworth (edited 06-20-2001).]

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I ordered a TL1000R solo tail and draft shield on monday as soon as I have it I will put up some pics after it is on my 92 1127
Karl

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
I used an 89rr solo tail and there is storage in the entire back section used an aluminum plate for a floor and cut an opening in the top but it is solo only pics are in the thread of pics of early bikes

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

·
Registered
75 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cosworth:
Benjamin's Duc tail are probably more functional for having passengers etc. Mine is cheap and easy but no passenger or cargo option.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

monoposto=solo tail

no passengers... besides the last pillon i had said she would never ride with me again so that's it

------------------
ben :)
http://www.geocities.com/bentang_00/gsxr.html

·
Registered
171 Posts
To anyone that might be interested,

I was going to put on the RGV AIRTECH race tail secion on my bike, with an F4i seat, but changed my mind and choped my sub frame in half and put on the intire F4i tail section, and rear half of F4i subframe.

I have pictures of my bike with RGV tail section on my web page.
www.geocities.com/superbike00

but my scanner took a crap and I cant get any pictures of the F4i on there.
Im selling the RGV tail section for $150.00 plus shippng (around $15 US) It includes the main tail secioin, the under fender, and tail light. It is unpainted, just as seen in picture. If you want it or have any questions about it let me know via EMAIL.

ftp://ftp.geocities.com/superbike00/88750-12-29-00-1.jpg

[email protected]

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Superbike00 ]

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I've got some pics of my SRAD to 88-J conversion. Just bear with me as I scan them amd post them on my link. I'll have them for tonight around 9 pst.
Pics are done...click the pic

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: cosworth ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts