Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed a taillight integrator on a 98 GSXR 750? The ones other riders have used from Advanced Auto Parts or Auto Zone. I’m looking into ways into consolidating my turn signals, brake light and license plate and not spending a lot of money. If you have ideas or pics can you post them. Thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Yea you can get the trailer kit from any auto parts store.. Then you just find the wires in the tail light... There will be 3 wires for each bulb. One ground, one running and one brake... if you follow the directions in the trailer kit and just treat the two bulbs in the rear as a left and right side of the trailer you should be fine...

If I remember correct, the brown wire is the running light, but I am not 100% sure.. You can run a wire from the + side of the batt to the the brown wire, if the light is dim that is the running lite... If it is bright, that is your brake/blinker.

Make sence?

John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, GSXR-Freak, I know I can count on you. It seems pretty self-explanatory, I should be able to follow the questions. So, does this eliminate the need for turn signals? All of my signals will run from the large red taillight? Will I need a different lenses or bulbs?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The rear blinkers will work in your tail light... Keep in mind, they are not legal in most states, and sometimes it is hard for others to see them blink... So you might want to think bout that as you make your turns and change lanes... Dont want to get hit and all...

You still need them in the front, and you will more likely then not get a fast blink if you are not at idle or when you hit the brakes... I am going to look into the new flasher once I get the bike back together...

John

·
Registered
300 Posts
WHEN I INSTALLED THE TRAILER KIT ON MY 98 600 I HAD TO BUY A HEAVY DUTY FLASHER TO CARRY THE LOAD. IF NOT YOUR TURN SIGNALS WILL BLINK VERY FAST, AND ARE HARDLY NOTICABLE..

·
Registered
28 Posts
98 SRAD...where did you get that HD flasher, and is that what it was referred to as-a HD flasher?PLease let me know...i wanna do a homemade fender eliminator and turn signal integrator, and need some help (actually quite e bit of help
) Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
I JUST TOOK THE FACTORY FLASHER TO MY LOCAL PARTS STORE AND TOLD THEM I NEEDED A HEAVY DUTY FLASHER TO REPLACE THIS ONE WITH. AND THE REST IS HISTORY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts