Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents have never been thrilled I ride sport-biased bikes. But my dad has a great appreachiation (I suck at spelling) for all things mechanical. When I showed him my new 600 K5, he was very impressed by how solid it looks (compared to my Ninja 500 at least). He glanced over the intrument panel, got a surprised look when he saw the Tacho

"Is that RPM x 100's??"
"No dad, it really goes all the way to 15,500"
"Wow, must make a hell of a racket"

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i think the kaw. is even higher for the 6r too.

make sure your dad also realizes, just cruising on the freeway you WAY higher than any car. so its all in pespective - you'll be riding twisties from 9k on up the whole way.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I love the sound of 15,500rpms through a yoshi. Sounds like a F1 car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think the kaw. is even higher for the 6r too.

make sure your dad also realizes, just cruising on the freeway you WAY higher than any car. so its all in pespective - you'll be riding twisties from 9k on up the whole way.
I think the ZX-6RR redlines at around 16k.. friggin amazing. Just Putting along on the highway, im at or past the redline for pretty much all cars and cruisers. The powerband kicks in where most other engines would be blowing up. My dad was a chemical engineer for shell, and now he teaches post-graduate classes on Einstiens theories.. He know alot about mechanical engineering and thermo-dynamics and it was difficult for him to beleave the gix revved that high! Or even that the Ninja revved to 11k... Its amazing what you can get for 8-9 grand nowadays.

·
Stuck dreaming of Summer
512 Posts
The Kawasaki ZX6RR with the racing ECU has a redline of 16,500rpm. I thinks it's making about 112hp, and has a compression ratio of 13.9:1. If I'm remembering what I read in the new Motorcyclist issue correctly. The stock RR is making 102 and has the same redline as our 6. I think.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow!
Someday were gonna see 400cc bikes with 20k redlines that make 120 hp. I hope..

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Spectre600
Riding to work tomorrow
Let me know if you wanna ride
Hooters for boobies i mean wings at 7 if the rain holds out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts