Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine just arrived by UPS. Anyone else using one of these? I originally had an Alpinestars but it was like 1.5 inches thick and the short model was like 2 inches too long for my 5'8" frame. This thing fits like a glove and is not much thicker than the crappy oem back protector that came with the suit. It is CE Level II certified which is supposed to be higher than just plain old CE.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taz said:
Mine just arrived by UPS. Anyone else using one of these? I originally had an Alpinestars but it was like 1.5 inches thick and the short model was like 2 inches too long for my 5'8" frame. This thing fits like a glove and is not much thicker than the crappy oem back protector that came with the suit. It is CE Level II certified which is supposed to be higher than just plain old CE.
I am trying to get my PC started. The Bios battery died.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: T-Force Back Protector - Pics

Here are some pics. None of them on me though (I am home alone).

Back side

Front (sorry about the quality) hard to see but it is perforated for ventilation.

Thickness (I should say thin-ness) If I push it flat it is uniform, it is just curved a little to my back.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

gixxerfever said:
not sure if i like that!! Dainese has the best one... IMHO
The Dainese was too long on my back, too rigid, and too thick.... for me anyway.

To each his own though, this thing is very comfortable. By the way, the back protector part is flexible so it conforms to the shape of your back.

dogfart: Aren't Helimot and Bohn pretty much the same thing just a different company?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

Did ya look at the Kobe'...?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

Taz said:
RADRB8 said:
Did ya look at the Kobe'...?
Only on line. I haven't had a chance to try one on yet. Maybe up at the track this season.

I would like to try a Bohn as well.

Ive tried my friend KOBE and its not all that good. Its good quality but doesnt look like it has protection as good as bohns/knox/dainese

·
Registered
2,410 Posts

dogfart: Aren't Helimot and Bohn pretty much the same thing just a different company?
No, you're thinking Bohn and Knox - Bohn used to import Knox, stole the design and made their own version. Helimot is a different design. It's got a tunnel built over the spine. It's bulky, but the tunnel is about 2" above the spine so that the impact spreads out before hitting your spine.
Helimot TLV

It also fits well lengthwise for me (5'8")

1 - 19 of 19 Posts