Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm about to sync my carbs on the ol'1996 1100W I purchased in Aug. this year. The carbs have been removed and cleaned with the jets cleaned too. I have them back in the bike now. The bike has a micron exhaust on it. I need to ask the following question;. With the remote tank suspended above the bike, how much do I open the valve and allow gas to the lower carbs? I don't want to flood it. This is my first carb syncing. I have the manuel and will do as it says for checking and setting up the gauges from carb one first (dial type). ANY information is greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time. Also, this will be the first time I will hear this beast of a engine make noise!

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,622 Posts
Open the remote tank all the way.
Fuel flow and bowl levels are all controlled by the carbs...if they are operating correctly, you're not going to flood it.
Don't be alarmed if one or more carbs start to weep gas out the overflow...it will most likely be caused by a sticking float...give the bowl a smack with a wooden hammer handle etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. Also...one more question...are the vacuum connection 't's' supposed to be blocked so that the only vacuum movement is to the gauges? When I got the bike there were no vacuum hoses on the carbs. The manual shows they go from the 2 connections (between carbs 1&2 and 3&4) and travel to the two inlet holes in the front of the airbox. Are these hoses the same size ID as the fuel lines? The connectors look to be the same size. THANK YOU for answers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts