Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody
i have a 85 gsxr750 which will be getting a few mods over winter...the prob im having is tracking down parts in sydney..the advice on here is very helpful but i need some contacts in sydney australia for second hand and new parts.
i am looking for front end and back wheel off a 91-92 model and some other bits and pieces and have checked out the local wreckers but no one is real interested in helping. they either dont bother ringing back or just dont have the parts. and private sale parts are even harder to come by. i got quoted $2500 for the front end and back wheel by the only wrecker i could even get an answer out of.
so what im after is some suggestions as to websites or shops that have resonably priced parts etc. any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had much the same problem in Melbourne, I did
find one good wrecker but the prices in OZ are
often very expensive. Have you tried:

Metropiltan Motorcycle Spares.

They claim to have extensive GSX-R parts. I rang
them but they weren't able to help me. I was
fortunate enough to be able to buy a whole bike
minus motor for $1200, I was after earlier stuff
than you so price is a bit better.

Your other bet is to buy Australian Motorcyle
Trader and Just Bikes magazine, many wreckers
advertise in these mags.

Hope I was some help.
Adrock.

G

·
0 Posts
how are ya dungbeetle...

where abouts in sydney are you?

have you checked out eastern creek spares, the one in silverwater.....theres one in moorebank (near liverpool also)...

tradingpost.com.au

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys
unfortunately i have tried all these options....metro was the mob that quoted me $2500 and the others all do later model stuff...no help at all!!! watch the trading post every week but nuthin there and try to get the mags pretty regular. im hoping for a complete bike minus motor as well...or even blown up but im startin to think im gonna have to pay top dollar which means winter wont be long enuf

even startin to think about a holiday to the states and coming home with a bag full!!!but with the dollar the way it is its still not worthwhile!!!
anyway thanx again and ill let ya know how i go...o and nolz im out near blacktown...

G

·
0 Posts
yeah the draw back about oz is the lack of bike/bike parts....and the wreckers know it...and charge an arm and a leg....

good luck with the hunting mate!...hope to see you on the road in the not too distant future...

have you looked at the states? and seeing how much it would be to get it shipped over?...
although the problem with that is they seem to pay (on average) a higher price for most parts than we do....except for acessories (since alot are made there)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im on the road at the moment but the carbs need a rebuild and rather than rebuild i wanted to go bigger....and the back tyre needs replacing and rather than do that i figure 17 inch wheels would be the go and while doing that i may as well do the suspension and the list goes on...so now i figure its gettin cold i may as well pull it apart and go the whole hog!!! so the search will go on!! gives me sumthin to do on the weekends anyway!!!lol
havent looked into prices in the states but ya gotta double the price of everything cause of our shitty dollar. i did get a rough price for a container to bring a car back and from memory it was about $5000. also i was over there about 6 years ago and sent a box full of crap back and think it cost about us$100 for a box that would just fit 2 wheels in it and probably only weighed about a couple of kilos!!!
just had a look at the metro site and they got a 92 model wrecking so think ill give them a call tomorrow and fall over when they give me another price!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts