Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got have 04 600 with 8k miles on it not sure what oil the previous owner used. Now it has 13k miles and the past few oil changes I used non synthetic Castrol motorcycle oil. I now want to switch to full synthetic oil. Is it ok to switch over to a full synthetic given the year and that I previously used non synthetic? Also how other do you guys change your oil? I've been doing about 2,000 miles. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Engine oil recommendations are in the owner's manual.

Oil quality is a major contributor to your engine’s performance and life. Always select good quality engine oil.
Suzuki recommends the use of SUZUKI PERFORMANCE 4 MOTOR OIL or equivalent engine oil. Use of
SF/SG or SH/SJ in API with MA in JASO.
Suzuki recommends the use of SAE 10W-40 engine oil. If SAE 10W-40 engine oil is not available, select an
alternative according to the following chart.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
You will be fine switching to synthetic. And for regular street use, go with every 3,000 miles, and for track use don't go more than 3 weekends.

Or, if you want to get technical, send a sample of your oil to Blackstone and have them do a breakdown. That will give you better info on how your oil condition is, and when you need to change it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts