Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is not recommended, but I put amzoil synthetic in my 750 gsxr at 600 miles, not knowing you aren't supposed to run full synthetic until about 2000-3000 miles. I only had about 250-300 miles on the synthetic, and after talking to a few local mechanics they said with that few miles on the synthetic switch it out to regular to be on the safe side. So I just changed it again with the oil recommended by suzuki and made sure to drain as much out as I could, also ran a quart of regular through the crankcase to get most of it out. I will probably change it again in 500 miles or so just to be safe. This won't harm the motor will it, since I only had a couple hundred miles on the oil change. Thanks

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Its a touchy subject with lots of opinions. I actually go full synthetic after 600 miles. No probs so far. Sportbike Magazine had an article on it to, and it said to switch over at 600 miles. I would not loose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice...did u save that Amsoil for me? That's like $70 of full synth!!!:hammer

Lord, knows I'm not too proud....

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
hmm i've went from full, to semi, to full, and now to normal ;) i guess my bike is about to blow up?

oh and it only sees below 9k rpm's when its warming up for the next session. honostly... i don't ever street ride the thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.