Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kill switch button broke on my K9. I have to replace the entire assembly though unfortunately. I cant find any instructions on how to replace.. does anyone know how to replace or know of a website that provides instructions on how to remove or install (i can just do the reverse once I get one of the two instructions)

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,720 Posts
Aren't there just two halves that are held together by two screws that enter from underneath? There will also be some electrical connectors located beneath the tank and airbox that need to be disconnected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't there just two halves that are held together by two screws that enter from underneath? There will also be some electrical connectors located beneath the tank and airbox that need to be disconnected.
Yes thats correct.. i guess my question is how do i know how tight to do the throttle chords.. and do i need to take the grips off or can i just open the two halves and pull apart?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
The assembly should just clamp over the throttle tube. No need to play with the throttle cables at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts