Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks good, I am in the middle of doing the same thing. Do you notice a difference when you ride?
Anything can fit with a little time and money

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
checked the links and they work, the problems at your end also mrgixxer you have mail. As to handling changes the stock swingarm is CRAP you will notice a huge improvement in handling, also in the pics you will note this is the arm that has the reinforcing plate welded by the factory across the centre brace this is the one to use not the one with the c section casting with no plate, when searching for an arm found there where 3 different lengths this is the only one that is close in length to the stock arm of the 86 which is fairly long, I didnt want to change the wheelbase.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bandit Man,

Wild looking conversion.

Is it LOUD?

·
Registered
78 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by suzukiltd:
...Anything can fit with a little time and money
<hr></blockquote>

Men,

I`m agree with you.
before my bike dosn`t start, now i can ride.
In this moment I begin to repair the firing

·
Registered
223 Posts
Its not loud at all with the big chromies.They have baffles all the way down to the head pipe. Was a bitch to jet tho.I never had a bike that was soooo picky about the jets and screws.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes the main fairing is a zx11 the tail is an 89rr that I modified with an alluminium plate across the bottom and the opening in the top so that it is all storage as to the swing arm Iam not shure I got it from a wrecker there are 3 arms that look like that one with the extra reinforcing plate welded in by the factory the diff is in the length I think it could be from an RF900 which seems to look the same, the stock 86 arm looks a lot diff and the linkage has been modified to work with the later style, this arm whatevere it is was the only one close in length to the stock 86 arm which is long for a 750 bike. Also tested arms with and without the reinforcing plate thetre is a lot of diff in twist strength. doug

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jeff,The down pipes are from a Kanatuna 600.I wanted to get as much bottom end as I could.It works pretty well.Even with the heavier frontend and longer swingarm I can still do power wheelies in first and will come up in second when I hit a rise in the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts